Eriosyce taltalensis

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Mike
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: WILTSHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Eriosyce taltalensis

Post by Mike »

Kind of following on from another thread, here's a snappily named Eriosyce taltalensis ssp paucicostata var viridis trying to flower again as the daylength shortens.
Mike

[attachment 13648 erital1.jpg]
Attachments
erital1.jpg
erital1.jpg (93.18 KiB) Viewed 701 times
Based in Wiltshire and growing a mix of cacti and succulents.
Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE

Re: Eriosyce taltalensis

Post by Mike »

But should it be doing this? (apologies if the image size is huge - having some computer operator memory overload issues). I know Echonocereus branch from within the plant body, is the same true for Eriosyce?
Mike
[attachment 13649 erital2.jpg]
Attachments
8QAHwAAAQUBAQEBAQE
8QAHwAAAQUBAQEBAQE (89.5 KiB) Viewed 701 times
Based in Wiltshire and growing a mix of cacti and succulents.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

You'll be pleased to know that this plant has been reinstated in its own species, Eriosyce paucicostata. It has two flatmates, ssp floccosa and ssp echinus. Don't really see it working out myself, but they're giving it a try together :)

I can't say I've ever seen this plant pup up but it does look a little painful. The pup is coming from a sensible place but looks to be way overdeveloped and so has burst the skin.

Fingers crossed for a late little piece of summer because the flowers are well worth seeing.
Cheshire, UK
Dennis
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Dennis »

I have Eriosyce napina and heinrichiana wich are both offsetting in the same way.
Dennis

growing Mexican and S. Amererican miniatures, many from seed. All in sunny Merseyside.