A few spinies from ELK

Habitat, nursery/collection and show tours.
Chris43
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HIGH WYCOMBE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Re: A few spinies from ELK

Post by Chris43 »

Nice buys, David. Is that a Mamm haudeana in the centre of the second photo?
My modest haul totalled 30 plants, plus a few I bought for others. But they are now potted and on the staging, so a bit difficult to take a photo now. I should have done so before. I also bought some Bims, a couple of 30 litre bags, from a friend of a friend, so will be trying this on some of my seedlings and de-grafts in the new Year.
Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Mammillaria enthusiast
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html
David_L
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by David_L »

The Eriosyce (Thelocephala) malleolata is offsetting, and I will try to root these offsets when they are large enough. The Echinomastus mariposensis needs the stock shortening and rerooting, then it can hopefully be buried. The other Echinomastus species that I haven't repotted are on short stocks that should be able to be buried in time. Just to prove I'm not prejudiced I did get this nice pot of Lithops optica 'rubra' seedlings for 6 Euros as mentioned by Tom J.
[attachment 13938 Lithops_optica_rubra.jpg]
Attachments
2wCEABEMDAwNDBINDRIaEQ8RGh4WEhIWHiIXFxcXFyIiGh0dHR0aIiIoKSwpKCI1NTk5NTVBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUEBEhERExUTGBQUGBcTFhMXHRcYGBcdKh0dHx0dKjYnIiIiIic2MDMsLCwzMDs7NjY
2wCEABEMDAwNDBINDRIaEQ8RGh4WEhIWHiIXFxcXFyIiGh0dHR0aIiIoKSwpKCI1NTk5NTVBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUEBEhERExUTGBQUGBcTFhMXHRcYGBcdKh0dHx0dKjYnIiIiIic2MDMsLCwzMDs7NjY (98.33 KiB) Viewed 938 times
David

Bromley Branch
Mainly small Cacti + a few Mesembs.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Yikes, one is gone already :cry: How long have you had them?

Amazing what people pay for these on eBay, even ones just this size.
Cheshire, UK
David_L
BCSS Member

Post by David_L »

That one was gone when I got the pot Ian. I hope you're not casting nasturtiums at my growing skills :D

Chris --- No the plant in the middle is not Mamm. haudeana; that would indeed have been quite a plant. It's a nice mature Rebutia pygmaea 'elegantula' WR502. There was a seller with several nice mature subgenus Mediolobivia Rebutias and I bought several for a few Euros each,including a big offsetting tropaeolipicta FR1114 and a big einsteinii var. gonjianii WR578, all nicely grown from Mats Weinberg seed. My only Mamm. purchase was this nice Mammillaria egregia GL20. The grower had some very nice plants, though not cheap. He was only there on Friday. The big Echinomastus in the next post also came from him.
[attachment 13943 Mammillaria_egregia_GL20.jpg]
Attachments
2wCEAA4KCgoLCg4LCw4VDQwNFRgSDg4SGBwWFhcWFhwbFRcXFxcVGxsgISMhIBsrKy4uKys+PT09PkBAQEBAQEBAQEABDw0NDxEPExAQExQPEQ8UFxIUFBIXIhcXGRcXIiwfGxsbGx8sJikjIyMpJi8vLCw
2wCEAA4KCgoLCg4LCw4VDQwNFRgSDg4SGBwWFhcWFhwbFRcXFxcVGxsgISMhIBsrKy4uKys+PT09PkBAQEBAQEBAQEABDw0NDxEPExAQExQPEQ8UFxIUFBIXIhcXGRcXIiwfGxsbGx8sJikjIyMpJi8vLCw (97.54 KiB) Viewed 938 times
David

Bromley Branch
Robert K
Registered Guest

Post by Robert K »

a free green lithop as well there.

nice to see a couple of astrophytums there. and is that a couple of lophophoras i see also?
in love with astrophytums and Haworthia truncata
David_L
BCSS Member

Post by David_L »

Can't resist pulling this one out. Echinomastus durangensis SB46 on its own roots. Nice big and quite pricey plant. It'in a 31/4" (9cm) diameter pot. Hope I don't kill it :baringt:
[attachment 13944 Echinomastus_durangensis_SB46.jpg]
Attachments
2wCEAA4KCgoLCg4LCw4VDQwNFRgSDg4SGBwWFhcWFhwbFRcXFxcVGxsgISMhIBsrKy4uKys+PT09PkBAQEBAQEBAQEABDw0NDxEPExAQExQPEQ8UFxIUFBIXIhcXGRcXIiwfGxsbGx8sJikjIyMpJi8vLCw
2wCEAA4KCgoLCg4LCw4VDQwNFRgSDg4SGBwWFhcWFhwbFRcXFxcVGxsgISMhIBsrKy4uKys+PT09PkBAQEBAQEBAQEABDw0NDxEPExAQExQPEQ8UFxIUFBIXIhcXGRcXIiwfGxsbGx8sJikjIyMpJi8vLCw (94.23 KiB) Viewed 938 times
David

Bromley Branch
David_L
BCSS Member

Post by David_L »

Yes Robert, there are a cople of Astros. and one Loph. There were plenty of both at good prices. Especially Astros. Here's one little Astro. corner. This guy alone had masses.
[attachment 13945 Astros_at_ELK.jpg]
Attachments
2wCEAAkGBgYHBgkHBwkNCQcJDQ8LCQkLDxIODg8ODhIRDg8ODg8OEREUFRcVFBEbGx0dGxsnJiYmJywsLCwsLCwsLCwBCgkJCgsKDAoKDA8NDg0PEw4ODg4TFQ4OEA4OFRsUERERERQbGBoXFxcaGB4eGxs
2wCEAAkGBgYHBgkHBwkNCQcJDQ8LCQkLDxIODg8ODhIRDg8ODg8OEREUFRcVFBEbGx0dGxsnJiYmJywsLCwsLCwsLCwBCgkJCgsKDAoKDA8NDg0PEw4ODg4TFQ4OEA4OFRsUERERERQbGBoXFxcaGB4eGxs (89.85 KiB) Viewed 938 times
David

Bromley Branch