BCSS Photo Gallery

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

BCSS Photo Gallery

Post by Phil Hocking »

It's nice to see a few more additions to the gallery. The numbers of images have been static for quite some time. Maybe now is the time to think about sorting through the season's photos and upload a few. It is quite easy to do but also easy to get out of the habit. If this is new to anyone just scroll to the bottom of the forum page and click on 'Photos'

Somerset Phil
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: BCSS Photo Gallery

Post by Phil_SK »

Yes, it's a shame it's not taken off as well as it might. I wonder why?

I posted some photos when it began but I'm no longer happy with them or most of those I've taken this year. I'll be retaking some next year and replacing the old ones and hopefully adding to them.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Phil Hocking »

I think it's a case of out of sight out of mind. How many times does anyone actually scroll right to the bottom of the page? Even then the words are very small. Perhaps the word 'Photos' could be changed to 'Gallery', and be put at the top of the page

Somerset Phil
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Hmm, you might be right. The link on the BCSS home page reads "Slide gallery" which is possibly worse. I'm sure it's just a case of getting used to it and I know that it's freeware but I didn't find uploading straightforward, though it's so long ago that I used it I can't remember why.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
sandi
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by sandi »

Is there a way to correct the name with the picture. I made a mistake - wrote Aztekium hintonii with a picture of A. ritteri.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Sorted Sandi.

Bill Hildyard

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
CoronaCactus
Registered Guest

Post by CoronaCactus »

I never knew about this feature...probably better off, i always take and post more pics that necessary anyway 8-)
Darryl
Zone 10 - Southwest USA
CoronaCactus.com