Can anyone identify this cactus?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Flavio
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Re: Can anyone identify this cactus?

Post by Flavio »

Thanks for your replies which are very much appreciated. Now I have some names to relate to it and I will start researching for information as to its culture.

Darryl and Steven it is mid Summer here in the U.S.A. and lately the temps around here have been in the 90's to 100 degree F. I live in a very arid area.

I have kept this cactus and others in my Northern Light Greenhouse which admits much light and the temps inside are quite hot as you can imagine. I do place some cactus outside but I never have done so with this one. I am going to place it in another location where the heat will not be so intense.

iann this plant actually does have a "chin" under the tubercles which are a "puffy" triangular shape.

The plant has looked like this ever since I got it. It has grown but very slowly.
Succulentimon
Registered Guest

Post by Succulentimon »

flavio, what do you mean by "puffy"? = "wool"?

simon
CoronaCactus
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by CoronaCactus »

Ah ok. I'm in SoCal Riverside Co.
I have one of these in the ground that gets a fair amount of direct sun throughout the day. It's not quite as shriveled but it looks pretty much the same. It gets water once a week.

I have another in the greenhouse also under 30% shadecloth. It's much plumper and much greener. Average outside temps are 90-100F with greenhouse temps around 105-110F. Same once a week watering.
Darryl
Zone 10 - Southwest USA
CoronaCactus.com

Flavio
Registered Guest

Post by Flavio »

Simon, perhaps I used the wrong term. A better description would be as stated by Darryl, "plumper". I live in southeastern Colorado and it sounds like Riverside is similiar as far as temps are concerned.
Succulentimon
Registered Guest

Post by Succulentimon »

certainly keep us posted when it flowers Flavio!

simon