Specks 2012

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
McFarland
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Specks 2012

Post by McFarland »

Specks have updated their webshop for the year, I took a look yesterday and made an order, some lovely Aloe, Euphorbia, Othonna and Pelargonium on there, if you can afford it of course :lol:
Ernie

Re: Specks 2012

Post by Ernie »

I managed to hit the keyboard within minutes of the on line shop opening up. I managed to get 10 of the choice stuff and got the order through before my good lady could see what I spent ( I think my mother would be pleased that I am spending some of my inheritance on things she loved and not wasting it on wine women and gambling :lol: ).

The post and packing charges plus credit card charges do add a lot to the final bill :shock: however after converting the Euros prices shown into pounds it does not seem so bad.

Specks manages to get some very good plants from the African continent.
McFarland
BCSS Member

Post by McFarland »

Same here Ernie, I checked periodically though the day and finally it was up around 6pm I think. I just added everything I was interested in to the cart after browsing the whole shop, and then when i got to the cart.... :shock: haha. Hastily dumped quite a few plants and was left with a total spend of I think 160 Euro including P&P etc.

Specks has some very nice plants this year, there was a titan Arum there somewhere and quite a few rarities. I was hoping for more Euphorbia but you can't keep everyone happy :grin:
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

From past experience the choice/rarer Euphorbias will appear in his May listing (warmer). I prefer the May listing to the July listing because by the time I get the plants in August its geting a bit late to get them established before winter.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

According to their site

1st update end of March
Agave, Aloe, Haworthia, Othonna, Pelargonium, Sarcocaulon, Tylecodon

2nd update end of May
Aeollanthus, Adenium, Ascleps, Dolichos, Euphorbia, Sansevieria, Sinningia

3rd update end of July
(last update of the year)
Adenia, Boswellia, Commiphora, Dorstenia, Ipomoea, Monadenium
Morgans Beauty
Registered Guest

Post by Morgans Beauty »

i think i was fast enough to get some nice tylecodons :cool:
regards michael
McFarland
BCSS Member

Post by McFarland »

Aha thanks for that Ernie, I did see on his homepage that he updated Euphorbia in May, my first time looking at his shop so I wasn't sure what the deal was with that. Very excited in that case! I looked through his gallery of plants offered in the past and there are some real beauties there http://www.specks-exotica.com/en/gallery/23/ 'happy sigh' :grin:
arida
Registered Guest
Role within the BCSS: Non-Member

Post by arida »

Dear Succulent-philes,

So i am not the only one out there, checking if when specks' eshop going to open. He does from time to time delay his next plant release to the market. Unfortunately, i am located at GMT+08. I check thursday 29 late evening and the e-shop still closed but by 30th morning 7.15 am over here... some of the stocks are already running low. And unless i forgo sleep to stalk his e-shop...

It is not wonderful to have a business where you are sold out on orders and spend the rest of the time packing and sending out shipments!

Singapore
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

One thing is for sure Specks wont be suffering hard times; I copied his lists when the site went live yesterday and have just compared it with whats available today, theres a lot of it gone already including quite a bit of the very expensive/bigger stuff. There may be a Euro crisis but its passing Specks by. :lol:

I missed out today, having slept on what I spent yesterday I decided to have another shot but the ones I want have gone- not to worry theres always May.
John E
Registered Guest

Post by John E »

2 coach loads from these shores were at Specks last weekend. The plants were superb and the amount of money spent by those on the coach I was on had to be seen to be believed!
John E
I have been growing C & S since 1968. A lot of my plants were imports in the early 1970s. I am a Crawley branch member sometimes!