Hi from London

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
chrisg
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: KlNGSTON-on- THAMES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hi from London

Post by chrisg »

I have been lurking here for a few months now, and thought it was time I said hello. I know some names from other forums. I live in South West London and collect mainly succulents (agaves, aloes and echeverias) although last year I was persuaded to add a few cactus to the list. I have a dry bed which is about to be dug up as we are moving to give me a bigger garden and space for a greenhouse. Everything else is in pots in a shed and scattered around the house and garden.

I tend to focus on the more hardy plants and even tried a few of my own echeveria hybrids, crossing the few hardy varieties. I am afraid I do tend to be very cruel to the majority of the plants due to current lack of space, but it has led to some interesting forced experiments with winter hardiness and how far I can push things.
Last edited by chrisg on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: Hi from London

Post by rodsmith »

Welcome to the forum chrisg. You seem prepared to experiment in your succulent (and cactus) cultivation. I'm sure your thoughts and ideas will be welcomed by other board members.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.