Hello from me :)

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Catzilla
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Hello from me :)

Post by Catzilla »

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking/reading the forum for a few months, so though it polite that I introduce myself.

My name is Clare. I live in a village called Meppershall in Bedfordshire. Actually, we are moving to the new house in Meppershall in 8 days. So I almost live there. Very exciting really as our new place has a large garden, in which I am sure to find room for a greenhouse! I haven't had the room to indulge in my hobby for a good few years. That's why I am swotting up on everything I'd either forgotten, or never knew in the first place.

My current collection is tiny, only about 20 plants. Mostly Crassula of various varieties. I'm not going to say they are a favorite exactly, I just haven't had the space to expand and therefore I am very green when it comes to many of the plants that some of you collect avidly.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all.
Morgans Beauty
Registered Guest

Re: Hello from me :)

Post by Morgans Beauty »

welcome aboard clare! (tu)
regards michael
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Good luck with the move, Clare. Are you planning to get a greenhouse?
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Catzilla

Post by Catzilla »

Thank you for the welcome!

Yes, I do hope to get a greenhouse. I will have to admit that I don't know the first thing about either installing a greenhouse, or running one. I've done some research but nothing serious yet. Is there a section here that I am missing? Something like - greenhouses for novices?
Paul D
BCSS Trustee
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Chairman - I.T.

Post by Paul D »

Just ask lots of questions here, Clare. You'll get lots of good advice.
Paul in North-east Scotland (Grampian Branch BCSS)
National Collection Rebutia, Aylostera & Weingartia (inc. Sulcorebutia). Also growing a mixture including Ferocactus, Gymnocalycium, Lobivia, Mammillaria, Lithops, Gasteria, Haworthia.
http://www.rebutia.org.uk