Southend Branch Show this Saturday 14th June

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Stuart
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRISTOL

Southend Branch Show this Saturday 14th June

Post by Stuart »

Southend BCSS Branch hold their annual show this Saturday, 14th June. It's one of the best shows for quality plants, in past years when I've judged the show there's been so many quality entries that choosing best cactus and succulent has been difficult. There's always a good attendance thanks to the publicity efforts including good local advertising and more 'members sales plants' that I've seen at any other show. There's two nurseries with plenty more sales plants plus a good selection of home-made cakes - just what is needed to make this one of the best shows. It is at the United Reform Church Hall in Kings Rd, Westcliffe on Sea, same venue as usual and opens at midday.
Stuart
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Southend Branch Show this Saturday 14th June

Post by Tony R »

It was a good show indeed, with some fine plants (more cacti than other succulents) on display, well supported by members of the public, enthusiasts and the plant sellers (Stuart Riley, Bob & Beryl Potter and the branch table). A worthwhile day out.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)