Aloe armatissima

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
RICHAUD
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Aloe armatissima

Post by RICHAUD »

Aloe armatissima yellow and summer flowering
Aloe armatissima plante.jpg
Aloe armatissima plante.jpg (80.45 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
Aloe armatissima hampes.jpg
Aloe armatissima hampes.jpg (93.21 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
Aloe armatissima fleurs.jpg
Aloe armatissima fleurs.jpg (43.99 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
Luis Borja

Re: Aloe armatissima

Post by Luis Borja »

Nice plant and flowers. I hope mine will flower in a couple of years, altough i think it is a really slow grower.
Colin Walker
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Colin Walker »

Luis Borja wrote:Nice plant and flowers. I hope mine will flower in a couple of years, altough i think it is a really slow grower.
Luis, in my limited experience of this species I'd say that A. armatissima isn't particuarly slow growing. I've got lots of other aloes that are much slower than this. From Richaud's pics I'd say that this, like many other Arabian aloes, has to be a fair size before it'll flower. My A. armatissima has yet to flower, but it's just been repotted so I hope that will stimulate a good growth rate.
Cheers,
Colin

FBCSS
FCSSA
Fellow of the Linnean Society (FLS)
Member of the IOS
Honorary Research Associate, The Open University
lzrddr
Registered Guest

Post by lzrddr »

Here is an Aloe armatissima growing in Ventura County (just north of Los Angeles) in someone's yard (not mine). Unfortunately did not time the flowering event well (should have visited a week later)... I think this was mid summer.
Aloe armatissima Ha.JPG
Aloe armatissima Ha.JPG (104.1 KiB) Viewed 1070 times