Specks last auction

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Lithos
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Specks last auction

Post by Lithos »

Ending now for those with deep pockets -Operculicarya pachypus for €1200
Smudger
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Specks last auction

Post by Smudger »

I managed to bag three plants but had no intention of going for the Operculicarya Pachypus!!!! ::o
AnTTun
BCSS Member

Post by AnTTun »

Darn Phil, you should have warned me earlier. I was just wondering what could I get myself for 1200 euros... :)
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

The Euphorbia unispina was a good buy & a nice shaped plant.

Paul I thought you were a cacti guy, are you coming over to the leafy side :eek:
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Smudger
BCSS Member

Post by Smudger »

Hi Tina still mainly cacti, just got a multi branched Espotoa Lanata, but didn't really get the turnips at first!

Not sure what changed but pardon the pun they started to grow on me and seem quirky and different.... also, Jane prefers them to the spiky brutes I have so she is now responsible for them, no pressure :argue2:

I am trying to split my collection now that I have got the Rhino so I can give the succulents more room and care in the timber greenhouse.

It was me who managed to get the Euphorbia Unispina and also the Pterodiscus Ruspoldii and Pseudolithos Harardheranus, but I am still awaiting the invoice from Specks which is odd so unless there has been a cock up I am either going to get some nice plants and broke or no plants and saved a lot of wonga, win, win? :conf:
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Hi Paul,
Good that Jane is getting involved with the hobby.
Don't worry Ernst takes a while to sort out the invoice, I won one previously & wasn't even sure I had won until I got the invoice about 5 or 6 days later, it's an odd system.

Pseudolithos Harardheranu - thats a serious succulent to grow, fingers crossed for you.
He is very quick with postage so you shouldn't have long to wait.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Smudger
BCSS Member

Post by Smudger »

Hi Tina
Got an email back from Ernst yesterday he had lost my email details hence the delay, as I thought it looks like someone else bid the same amount as me but a fraction earlier for the Pseudolithos Harardheranu and Pterodiscus Ruspoldii, but I did win the Euphorbia Uninspina so not too disppointed and haven't blown all the housekeeping money either :innocent:
Glad you did well at the National, if my plants survive in good nick I might give the next one a go.......!
FaeLLe
BCSS Member
Branch: DERBY

Post by FaeLLe »

What is this auction please, how can I access it?
Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

You can't access it, FaeLLe, Specks has now closed down, so no more auctions. And you would have needed very deep pockets to win any of their plants!
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
FaeLLe
BCSS Member
Branch: DERBY

Post by FaeLLe »

Diane wrote:You can't access it, FaeLLe, Specks has now closed down, so no more auctions. And you would have needed very deep pockets to win any of their plants!
I have been looking for ways to spend my hard earned money! Money < satisfaction of big fat caudiciforms !
Are there any other plant source likes that? Most websites dont list big plants :)