Updated seed lists

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Aiko
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by Aiko »

ragamala wrote:Well it's excellent service so far. I ordered yesterday, had almost immediate confirmation and advice on total to send by paypal, and the seeds were despatched to me this morning. You can't ask for better than that. So many thanks for the recommendation.
I have the seeds I ordered in already. As last year, I went for the choice species. Last year I was relatively late, so I missed out on some. But this year I got all I requested (yes, I was keen on ordering early...), even multiple portions.

I even got some bonus seeds of three species. More of the Czech seed sellers add bonus seeds. A good customer approach, I might add!
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Post by ragamala »

I had my receipt from František Nechvíl yesterday with a week of ordering so that was excellent and thanks again for giving me the confidence to order. I was very happy with František's communication.

I note today Cactus Moravia has published a new seedlist. A pity it's split over 20 files.

I ordered from them this year, after they started up in May - the germination rate was sort of OK (I lost more seedlings than I expected post-germination, but that was I am sure down to me!), and the time from ordering to recieipt was pretty good/

http://www.cactus-moravia.eu/
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

ragamala wrote: I note today Cactus Moravia has published a new seedlist. A pity it's split over 20 files.
I just had a look. Everything spread over multiple documents, that is annoying! A pain to go through them all. And I can't see an easy way to enter ordering details in each of them. Are people expected to copy and paste all they want in one location? That is quite a chore for your customers.

I will skip this one, that is for sure. There are other seed sellers out there, just as cheap or equally stocked, but not aggravating me or waisting my time.
makleodss
Registered Guest
Branch: BRIDLINGTON

Post by makleodss »

I have very bad experience with cactus Moravia international, I ordered some seeds of their old catalogue. Mostly ferocactus. Then I asked them if they have something else of feros to offer. They send me a plant list where some desirable ones were for good prices. I was told that I am first one to get this cataloue as it is not yet published online. I picked 4, F.Crysacanthus red spine, F. echidne with extra long spines, F tortulispinus with red curved spines and nice form of F. Gracilis. then I considered that 16EUR delivery is too much for 8 plants as 2 plants of each was a minimum. I added to order rest 6 variations of ferocactuses. I waited 6 weeks until received bill. Bill stated that F.Crysacanthus red spine, F. echidne with extra long spines, F tortulispinus with red curved spines and nice form of F. Gracilis were sold out. I tried to explain them what they promised that I am first one and how the plants be sold out if I were first and if I can not get those 4 I am not really interested in order but I still want to get just seeds. To that they replied that they are not interested to work with me and forbidden me to contact with them in future. At this moment Cactus Moravia and cactus hobby Brno do not reply on my emails at all :). So that is my experience with czech seed sellers. I better work with other more civilized european sellers. as they refused me I spend my 200 pounds somewhere else.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Mal H
BCSS Member
Branch: CLACTON-on-SEA

Post by Mal H »

Wirral (Chester and District branch) - Collection mostly South American cacti.
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

For the lovers of (Southern African) bulbs, the seed list of Massonia.com has now been updated. Request the seedlist at www.massonia.com
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

The seed (and plant) list of Atomic Plants (and seeds) has bene updated: atomic-plant.de
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Mintylemonade
Registered Guest

Post by Mintylemonade »

Aiko wrote:The seed (and plant) list of Atomic Plants (and seeds) has bene updated: atomic-plant.de
It looks like they shut down the cono list, it was only up for 2-3 days :shock: :|