Succulent ID appreciated

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
claytablet
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Succulent ID appreciated

Post by claytablet »

Dear friends of the succulent variety,

The person tidying up the cactus and succulent corner at my local hardware store was about to sweep these two into the bin. Fell from their pots probably. They were lying on top of a small mound of dirt and dust.

I don't really know my way around succulents, cacti are more my thing and "tree-like succulent" or "succulent with hairy leaves" are not good search parameters. Could someone here give me an identification or point me in the right direction, please?
DSC_0108.JPG
DSC_0107.JPG
I would not want them to live forever under the name "archaeobotanical sample from a refuse pit in Bauhaus".

Many thanks!
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Re: Succulent ID appreciated

Post by Stuart »

First is Crassula Mesembryanthoides, second is Kleinia Nerifoilia.
Stuart
claytablet
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Succulent ID appreciated

Post by claytablet »

Many thanks Stuart.

I was looking among the Echeveria, but there are probably many more succulents that have hairy leaves.