Euphorbia name please

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Stuart
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRISTOL

Euphorbia name please

Post by Stuart »

Just wondered if anyone can suggest a name for this Euphorbia. I found a tray of them in Holland at a secondary wholesaler who, not surprisingly, didn't have a name for them. All I know is that they were grown from seed in Italy at a nursery that grows reasonably collectable plants, they're branching at a very small size, no pattern on the stem, distinctive leaf scars, and just coming into leaf, currently in 5cm pots. I've grown most Euphorbias over the years but, although I can rule out plenty of names, I don't think I've grown this before. Any suggestions please.
Stuart
euph 1.JPG
euph 2.JPG
topsy
BCSS Trustee
Branch: BRISTOL
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Re: Euphorbia name please

Post by topsy »

Hi Stuart,

Can't put a specific name to it but I would have thought it was a Monadenium. I know that they are all in one ginormous genus now, but I still separate them out.

Suzanne
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

Maybe euphorbia royleana, I'd be interested in two :grin: :grin: or another similar is E. nivula ( sp might be wrong on this one)
You could post a pict on the euphorbia facebook site or do you know Rikus to email him
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
DragonFish66
BCSS Member
Branch: BERKHAMSTED & District

Post by DragonFish66 »

Looks like royleana to me i used to have one