Cactus juice

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
gerald
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: OXFORD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Cactus juice

Post by gerald »

Out shopping today in Tesco I saw this, how could I resist, and at just 69p for 1 litre it was at half price too :grin:
ccc.jpg
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Re: Cactus juice

Post by ragamala »

gerald wrote:Out shopping today in Tesco I saw this, how could I resist, and at just 69p for 1 litre it was at half price too :grin:
ccc.jpg

Ingredient list? :-)

If it's 1936 is it a bit past its sell-by date?
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so to speak - so what does it taste like?
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by Tony R »

ragamala wrote:Ingredient list? :-)
This was discussed some time back.
I think it should really be called 'adulterated' apple juice since such drinks have typically 40% apple juice, 1% prickly pear juice and a lot of water :wink:

Nevertheless, I hope it was refreshing, Gerald.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
gerald
BCSS Member
Branch: OXFORD

Post by gerald »

A quick sip was all I needed and the rest went to the kids! Way too much sugar, and yes just 1% cactus.

Still that's more than the orange juice content I was served in McDonalds in the US which contained precisely 0% orange.

I'm still a bit perplexed as to why the prickly pear isn't cultivated for it's pads (animal fodder) and fruits (jam, juice) more than they appear to be, or perhaps they are but they're just not exported a great deal.