How to send pics. to forum from ipad

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTH WALES

How to send pics. to forum from ipad

Post by Eric Williams »

My venerable PC is on its way out,so I am using my iPad to communicate to the forum. It also takes good pictures, but I have been unable to up load them to the forum. Any one out there who can help. Thanks
Rayc11
BCSS Member
Branch: COVENTRY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: How to send pics. to forum from ipad

Post by Rayc11 »

Yes I'd like the answer to this as I have same problem with my Samsung Android tablet, nothing happens when you tap the add files button.
RayC - South Leicestershire
Membership no:- 20774
Coventry Branch
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Post by ragamala »

I can't help there, but just to add information the "add files" works fine for me on both my Android tablet and Android mobile.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

IMG_0252.JPG
Hi Eric, I can only access the Forum on my iPad, but I am far from being an expert. However, I have (I hope) just posted the above photo as follows:
Tap on Add Files and a list appears which includes Photo Library.
Select this and then choose Moments. You can then scroll through small versions of your photos, tap on the photo you want to select and then tap Done. Hopefully you will then get a green tick, and tap Place in Line.
The main problem I have found is getting photos small enough for the Forum to accept, you get a red tick if this is the case. I did not want to bother with re-sizing software, so now I just take my photo a little further back than normal and use the IPad's editing facility to reduce the size by cutting off some of the unwanted border.
I hope this is some help. I'm sure that others will have more technical options, but this works for me. Good luck!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Just setting up new Samsung Android tablet! Not sure what I just did as add files did not seem to work, tried to remove keyboard from view to look for messages then got one about allowing Samsung internet which then brought up file browser which let me find the photo I took when trying camera. It seems to have worked :grin:
20171227_121344.jpg
Rayc11
BCSS Member
Branch: COVENTRY

-Re: How to send pics. to forum from ipad

Post by Rayc11 »

LRM_EXPORT_20171227_133550.jpg
Well that seems to have worked for me too!
RayC - South Leicestershire
Membership no:- 20774
Coventry Branch
Brian
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by Brian »

876629D3-9624-4E1E-B474-0357B562FACE.jpeg
Another none expert here but follow juster and certainly for me it seems easier than using a lap top or desk top computer. I don’t post many photographs, afraid of making a fool of myself, so here goes ..... hopefully a cactus and not the cat!!

First time I tried to attach a photograph it took a couple of hours before I phoned a friend, if that makes you feel better.

Good luck.
Brian
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by Brian »

For cat lovers here is the cat.
Attachments
AB82DE54-FFDA-42FA-A976-25FB455E3FA1.jpeg
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Post by Eric Williams »

Cheers for replies all. I think the problem is something to do with operating systems !! On my iPad iOS when the page opens there are no " add file " instructions at all. Android systems (whatever that is ) seems to work for others. Any one with an Apple iPad tried yet ? or am I missing some thing LoL. Cheers. Ps could be an age thing too.
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

Eric Williams wrote:On my iPad iOS when the page opens there are no " add file " instructions at all.
Eric
Under the box where you type text are 2 tabs, Option and Attachments. When you select Attachments, a further box opens below, Add files.
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525