How to send pics. to forum from ipad

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Re: How to send pics. to forum from ipad

Post by Eric Williams »

Nice one Mike, It is old age after all. Thank you.
image.jpeg
. trial pic. Cheers
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Well done Eric! and also Mike for completing the jigsaw.

Brian, your cat looks so cosy, just like ours- she is almost glued to the radiator at present!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
JaneO
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by JaneO »

IMG_2231.JPG
I think, or hope it works!
Attachments
IMG_8151.JPG
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Don't forget to click "Place inline" for each picture. This avoids the white box and "Attachments" that surrounds Jane's second picture and means that you can put your photos at any point in your text and in the order you want rather than them all appearing together at the end. :idea:
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Brian
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Brian »

2E0D0156-C710-4329-9306-2F841A34D6D1.jpeg
Well done Eric and great flowers too.

Thanks for your tip Phil, just practicing now.
FB5BBC4D-10BD-4A0C-8CE4-F8B169F6150B.jpeg
My greenhouse version of Where’s Wally in my greenhouse, or spot the intruders, at least eleven of them.

I could never have done this, Eric, on my lap top computer, it is great on i pad.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Looking at the pictures on this thread there are a few that are rather large which may cause problems to people with slow internet connections or with limited data allowances and far exceed the previous forum limits. My picture seems to be the worst offender :roll:
details.JPG
Eric Williams
BCSS Member

Post by Eric Williams »

Bit too technical for my old brain I'm afraid Jim. Can you explain about picture size etc, and when it is in admissable etc. Thanks. Sorry, this now could be classed as "off thread". Cheers
Last edited by Eric Williams on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Eric Williams wrote:Bit too technical for my old brain I'm afraid Jim. Can you explain about picture size etc, and when it is in admissable etc. Thanks
Simple answer is that anything produced by "simple" cameras can be used, the problem is that manufactures are adding more pixels to the sensors used in cameras/phones/tablets so you get more pixels than you really need as well as large files. Having read what passes for a manual for my new tablet I have found that I can change the size of the pictures its camera takes but none of the default apps allow me to change the size when editing a picture. In the past you would have to edit pictures from an iPad to make then small enough to post here but that is no longer the case, although I suspect the latest iPad Pro could be close to the current limit.

Having experimented a bit with my tablet I don't think I will be using it much for taking pictures as I find it difficult to hold while trying to press the relevant buttons. what I have found easy to do is couple tablet to PC via usb cable and transfer pictures into my usual photo editing software (Lightroom), this has allowed me to "correct" the picture posted earlier in this thread and produce a slightly smaller file using my preset export setting
web-133502-2.jpg
Eric Williams
BCSS Member

Post by Eric Williams »

Thanks for your help all, but I have another problem. I can now send pics from my iPad to the forum, but many are now being shown in the wrong axis although they are correct in my photo album. Is there a feature in an IPad to turn pic 90 degrees as there is in my old PC ? Thanks
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Eric Williams wrote: I can now send pics from my iPad to the forum, but many are now being shown in the wrong axis although they are correct in my photo album.
I have the same problem - the image loaded directly from tablet in this thread is rotated 90° but the copy processed in Lightroom has turned 90° without me having to make that correction.