Updated seed lists

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
mdpillet
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by mdpillet »

Astro wrote:The new Mesa Garden seed list is up!
With increased prices once again :(.
Nick_G
BCSS Member

Post by Nick_G »

mdpillet wrote:
With increased prices once again :(.
Cactus seed is still very cheap though. I don't think I could be bothered to pollinate the plants, collect, process and packet the seeds and then sell them for just over £1 a packet of 20-30. We've all been very spoilt over the last 40 years or so.
BCSS no.33806

Turbinicarpus, Lophophora, Ariocarpus, Lobivia and Gymnocalycium
Magi
Registered Guest

Post by Magi »

How long does it normally take Jaromír of http://www.cactus-hobby.eu to process an order?

The day right after I placed my order ( first time with this supplier), I got a reply from him acknowledginng my order and was told that further information will be sent once preparation is complete. That was back in December 5th of 2017. However, I have not heard from him since.

The general impression I got from this forum is that Czech sellers tend to turtle, so I wonder if this is completely normal and I should just be patient.
mdpillet
Registered Guest

Post by mdpillet »

Magi wrote:How long does it normally take Jaromír of http://www.cactus-hobby.eu to process an order?

The day right after I placed my order ( first time with this supplier), I got a reply from him acknowledginng my order and was told that further information will be sent once preparation is complete. That was back in December 5th of 2017. However, I have not heard from him since.

The general impression I got from this forum is that Czech sellers tend to turtle, so I wonder if this is completely normal and I should just be patient.
Give it another month for shipping notification. I just received my order and ordered a few hours after the list was released back in October.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Magi wrote:How long does it normally take Jaromír of http://www.cactus-hobby.eu to process an order?
I placed an order on 31st October and got the request for payment (along with an apology for the delay) yesterday. It's a few years since I've bought from him and, although he was never very fast, it hasn't taken this long before.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

I also ordered not long after updating, but have not heard anything yet. I consider this to be normal. When it is February, I will start to worry a bit.
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Anyone already heard back from them after ordering? Usually I would have heard back by now...
MaciejW
BCSS Member
Branch: HERNE BAY

Post by MaciejW »

My order was delivered last Monday - mix of succulents and mesembs ( no conos or lithops though).
Astro
Registered Guest

Post by Astro »

Aiko wrote: Anyone already heard back from them after ordering? Usually I would have heard back by now...
I got my order at the end of January. I ordered within an hour or two of the list going up (keeping last year's experience in mind). My order was 98% Lithops and 2% Ornithogalum, and other than an obscure L. optica I got everything I requested. I'm not sure what happened to the L. optica, it was nothing special so I assume they may have skipped it by accident.
brom
Registered Guest

Post by brom »

I also got my order in late January. Everything was delivered 100%. There are new stickers with the complete name, not just the MG number:
New MG label
New MG label
Mesagarden.jpg (187.41 KiB) Viewed 2992 times
Greetings from Germany
BR