Cristate aeonium

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
JaneO
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Cristate aeonium

Post by JaneO »

I have posted this as it won't matter which way up it is! If anyone is interested in the cristate form, I could supply bits for postage at cost! Identification would be appreciated too.
IMG_8432.JPG
Diane
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Cristate aeonium

Post by Diane »

It's the cristate form of 'Sunburst' - sometimes throws off a normal rosette which can be grown on.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
JaneO
Registered Guest

Post by JaneO »

Thanks Diane. I seem to have lots of Sunburst! When I put outside in summer sun, do I start with new top or put whole plant out or both? Sorry ignorant on this. Also with the velour, would you trim rosettes off now or wait for it to warm up. Many thanks.Jane

Cactusgirl

Diane says this is Sunburst so if you want a bit, pm me! I've got small one which is not cristate too!
Dot
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Dot »

Hello .

I do like your plant, it looks very healthy and robust.

I have sent you a PM.

Best wishes,

Dot
Dot
Zone 3 Rep.
Diane
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Diane »

I would put it outside as it is, Jane, and maybe pot into a larger pot, as they do grow away quite strongly outside. Be careful introducing it to strong sun if it's been indoors though, as it might scorch. Best to wait until all danger of frost has passed, so about the end of May.
I've already answered your query about pruning 'Velour' on your other thread.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Liz M »

I grow this one and it is a good source of new Aeonium 'Sunburst' as you need to take off the reverted rosettes to preserve the cristate nature of the rest.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
JaneO
Registered Guest

Post by JaneO »

Thanks Diane and Liz.

It does need repotting as you say. I will repot and put outside when frost gone. I have removed rosettes before to keep it cristate. This one has been in conservatory so has had sun but I note your caution.
KathyM
BCSS Member

Post by KathyM »

Is this the one you sent me last autumn? I love weird-looking plants, it will be interesting to see what it looks like when it's bigger.
JaneO
Registered Guest

Post by JaneO »

Hi KathyM,
Yes it is. Mines a big clump as you can see but yours will grow! Let me know if you want more bits or anything special. This clump photographed really well as you can't tell which is right way up! I love technology....