euphorbias as promised

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
brianc
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CHELMSFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

euphorbias as promised

Post by brianc »

here are the euphorbias that i promised dot, hope you like them.
Attachments
from right to left, euphorbia pilansi, euphorbia mammilaris, euphorbia pulvinata, euphorbia ferox
from right to left, euphorbia pilansi, euphorbia mammilaris, euphorbia pulvinata, euphorbia ferox
euphorbia ferox 30 cm pot
euphorbia ferox 30 cm pot
euphorbia meloformis 30 cm pot
euphorbia meloformis 30 cm pot
Dot
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: euphorbias as promised

Post by Dot »

Brian, thank you for posting the euphorbias as promised, they do look good as larger sized plants.
I do have quite a few Euphorbias, but mostly they are in smaller pots.
The bigger ones I have are showing their age, perhaps if I re pot them they may look
better.
Perhaps I should wait until the weather is a bit warmer before disturbing them ?

Dot.
Dot
Zone 3 Rep.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

They look very good some nice size plants and the agave's look nice too, my favourite plants grouped together (tu) (tu)
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
brianc
BCSS Member

Post by brianc »

Hi Dot
I have a nice collection of euphorbias ,i have plants in smaller pots from 3inch to 12 inch.
I like the Medusa type , E. Gorgonis, E. Caput medusa, E. Enermis, E.Esculenta etc.
I repot my small plants every year and my larger plants every 2 years. I use 2 thirds perlite 1 third
J.Inns 3, i feed about 4 times a season Chempak 8. I always water from below so the plants have a
chance to take up the feed i see no point in watering from above as my compost is so open it just
runs straight through. I start repoting February into dry compost, In all i have about 200 plants of one
discription or other , i grow cacti as well as succs i do like adromischus the mat forming type.
I will start watering the collaction proper in early march , i do water some plants through the winter
Echeverias Haworthias Adros. never seem to get any problems doing this.
Hope it has answered your question on repoting.
Brianc.
Dot
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Dot »

Thank you for the detailed description about your repotting regime.

To repot into a dry compost early in the year make a lot of sense.

I tend to repot when I can but this year after seeing your splendid Euphorbias I will be a doing a lot of repotting in the spring!!

Dot.
Dot
Zone 3 Rep.
brianc
BCSS Member

Post by brianc »

Hello Dot
Because my compost is so free draining when i repot or pot up[ there is a difference] i need only to
shake the plants and normally most of the compost falls off, so i donot damage the roots.
I am happy to repot anytime of the year, this goes for cacti as well as succs.
I always repot any plants i obtain off of people so as to get the plants into my routine.
Brianc