Hide file names?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
brom
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Hide file names?

Post by brom »

Hello everybody,

Is it possible that the file names of the inserted photos are not displayed as text for reading? I think it's not necessarily useful if under the photo for example img0001.jpg stands as a signature. I did not find a function to hide this text.

Greetings from Germany
BR
Acid John
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Re: Hide file names?

Post by Acid John »

I think you have to click on the 'post in line' button.
Acid John
rodsmith
BCSS Member

Post by rodsmith »

First you click on the "Attachments" tab at the bottom of the page. Then click on the "Add files" box and select the photo or file you wish to attach. When the photo is uploaded there is an address bar to the right of the "delete file" box in which you can enter the photo details and this appears under the photo after you have previewed or submitted your post. Once you have entered the description (file name or other details), click on "Place inline" and your photo will be loaded onto your posting with the description below and to the left of the photo. I always preview my posts to ensure that the attachment is in the correct position within the text. See my photo below as an example.

I also find that if I hover my mouse over the photo when it has been placed inline, the file name appears.
Aeonium simsii
Aeonium simsii
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Post by Herts Mike »

Thanks Rod!
Stapelia mutabilis
Stapelia mutabilis
brom
Registered Guest

Post by brom »

Thank you for the answers!
My approach was exactly as explained by Rod Smith, just without further details in the description. Nevertheless, the file name appears below the picture

Greetings from Germany
BR
rodsmith
BCSS Member

Post by rodsmith »

brom wrote:... Nevertheless, the file name appears below the picture...
I'm not sure how this happens as it doesn't for me. :???:
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Acid John
BCSS Member

Post by Acid John »

Just a test.
Huernia pillanssi v. longi
Huernia pillanssi v. longi
Acid John
Acid John
BCSS Member

Post by Acid John »

Brom you have to give it a name that shows up when you hover the curser over the picture and you have to enter a name in to the description box . This will appear underneath the picture.
Acid John
brom
Registered Guest

Post by brom »

Acid John wrote:Brom you have to give it a name that shows up when you hover the curser over the picture and you have to enter a name in to the description box . This will appear underneath the picture.
I did that and now both appear: filename and description! :lol: No hover effect to see.

Greetings from Germany
BR
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Post by Herts Mike »

Another Stapeliad picture - nice!