Cactus Moravia International

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Bob Sobelman
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Cactus Moravia International

Post by Bob Sobelman »

I had a nice experience from them after 4- weeks and I made a payment I got a notice that they are canceling my payment. it was the new list of discocactus wanted them but I will get alo0ng without.
not nice
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Cactus Moravia International

Post by Aiko »

Bob Sobelman wrote:I had a nice experience from them after 4- weeks and I made a payment I got a notice that they are canceling my payment. it was the new list of discocactus wanted them but I will get alo0ng without.
not nice
I got a message an order was on my way. But I have not made an order. At least not that I can remember, nor one I can find back in my mail log.
AnTTun
BCSS Member

Post by AnTTun »

Aiko - I've been told such mistakes happen to them and other Czech nursery. If you don't pay they might threat with some kind of black list or so.

Bob - I've ordered some seed from them, just a few packs to check how all of it will go. Some day I'll post my experience at my S,S,S post series...
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
KarlR
BCSS Member

Post by KarlR »

Are they incredibly expensive, or am I seeing things? I haven't really looked at their offers before, but I was looking for some additional Pedio/Sclero-seeds and thought I'd have a look. 23 euros for 20 seeds of P. nigrispinus :shock: Looking some more I got the distinct impression that on lots of genera they're about ten times more expensive than other Czech nurseries.
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Post by ragamala »

I had some seed from them last year and the service was fine. Compared with other Czech suppliers that is.

I have not ordered again, partly because of a price hike, and I simply don't believe they can offer a top service with such an extensive seedlist meaning they will take time to assemble orders from their suppliers, and can not themselves guarantee germination results if the seed isn't theirs. For the record, my germination rates of seed from them were not encouraging, but at the time, given the price, I didn't expect the best.

They have a plant list worth looking at. My order failed last year because of the despatch being lost by their carriers. To give them, or him Peter, all due credit, they took full responsibility and I was asked for my preference for cancelling the order etc, sending again or postponing despatch until this spring. So to that extent I can say I experienced good service from them. And ended up with some good plants.

This may be another case of good intention, but pressure leading to mistakes.
KarlR
BCSS Member

Post by KarlR »

Cheers for the info, ragamala. I like to try new suppliers, so I may give them a go some time. I was just very put off by the prices. Having said that, I suppose most of their prices were about average - it just seemed like some of the most popular genera had some of the highest prices I've seen from any supplier.

I've ordered several times before from five different Czech suppliers and mostly had impeccable service but, seeing as the other suppliers offer as large a selection at much lower prices, I can't say it feels too tempting to order from them.
Bob Sobelman
Registered Guest

Post by Bob Sobelman »

the problem has been solved. I still don't know or understand why he canceled the original payment. it got me very upset and I answered accordingly. he answered me said he was going to the east for am month and that his wife was not going and that she would send the order and that it was ready. what about the payment? checked now and I see that I was charged again with pay pal. happy ending everything is okay.
Aiko
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Aiko »

Aiko wrote:
Bob Sobelman wrote:I had a nice experience from them after 4- weeks and I made a payment I got a notice that they are canceling my payment. it was the new list of discocactus wanted them but I will get alo0ng without.
not nice
I got a message an order was on my way. But I have not made an order. At least not that I can remember, nor one I can find back in my mail log.
The mystery is now solved. I order seeds from Cactus Hobby Brno, but something was missing when I got the seeds. They send me the missing seeds (and doubled the amount even!), but for some reason the package was sent by Cactus Moravia, which confused me quite a bit when I got the tracking number and no further information.

The word on the different Czech distributors working together in their distribution seems to be true!
AnTTun
BCSS Member

Post by AnTTun »

Bob,

As I've promised, I've ordered some seed from them. A couple of astro packs, not much, nothing special. I've placed an order 21.02.2018., got invoice 02.03.2018. and got tracking number 28.03.2018. Seed arrived 02.04.2018. Will post sowing results soon I hope.

So, my experience with them (this time) is positive, most seed sellers have quite a delay in order processing this part of the year.

But there is 'funny' story about Cactus Moravia this time. They had some kind of promo, something like: 'if first time buyer buys seed for x euros they will receive y packs of free seeds'. I've placed my order under my wife's name but told them I was interested in astros only, so not to send any freebies if its not astro seed. And they didn't. Funny part is that a friend of mine did the same, but without species limitations and he got the same amount of free seeds. I mean zero. I felt for him but it was kinda funny anyway.
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
makleodss
Registered Guest
Branch: BRADFORD

Post by makleodss »

I had an interesting experience with them as well. 2 years ago I tried to order some ferocactus seeds. And I asked them if they have some particular seeds which were rectispinus and tortulispinus. They offered me a plant list where those 2 were present. Olant list was not published and Kupcak assured me that I am first to get this plant list. I placed order within next hour. Altogether I ordered 12 plants and loads of seeds. After 6 weeks I received confirmation of my order sayng that 6 positions of plants are already sold out including rectispinus and tortulispinus and crysacanthus rubrispinus which is desirable plant as well. So when I pointed it out and said that I am not happy about service and I do not think that order is worth anything but cancel now apart from seeds which I still wanted he just bullied me and said that Cactus moravia will never work with me in future again. So this year I tried to place amall order and it is about 10 days and no reply. Maybe they are not working with me anymore :)