no blooming for 2 years

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Oleg
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

no blooming for 2 years

Post by Oleg »

Hi cactus folks!
Two years ago my lobivia wrightiana started blooming for the first time. For the next two years it has failed blooming, there's a big bud every time though. When the 'X' day comes - it withers! Other lobivias give flowers each summer - twice or thrice during the season. What can I do to improve the situation?..

IMG_3328.JPG
Attachments
IMG_9759.JPG
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: no blooming for 2 years

Post by Phil_SK »

Assuming these are photos of the plant 2 years ago, do you have any of how it looks at the moment?
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Oleg
Registered Guest

Post by Oleg »

Sorry, I didn't put captions; the second photo was taken on April, 18th, 2018.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Might you have missed the flower? That's a healthy-looking plant with a bud about 24 hours away from opening. Unless you moved it suddenly to very extremely hot conditions I can't think why it would fail.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Oleg
Registered Guest

Post by Oleg »

Phil_SK wrote:That's a healthy-looking plant with a bud about 24 hours away from opening. Unless you moved it suddenly to very extremely hot conditions I can't think why it would fail.
That's it! The next (early) morning I saw the bud fall down withering. And it happened for the second time. I hadn't moved the plant. The only thing I can think of is the lack of bright sun which usually comes to this windowsill at about midday...
yonnoy
Registered Guest

Post by yonnoy »

Hello, do you know how many cm in diameter has an adult Lobivia wrightiana non grafted?
anders
Registered Guest

Post by anders »

Judging from old photos of a plant I had I would say the stems were 3 to 5 cm in diameter.