Updated seed lists

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
ragamala
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by ragamala »

Aiko wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:26 am

Anyone else having problems getting the files to open?
Problem for me was file opened on sales conditions sheet and I found it tricky to navigate to the sales catalogue sheet. But found it eventually
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Aiko »

Excel and Open Office don't even know how to open it. Excel crashes every try.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

I downloaded the third one (English version) and it's opening fine with LibreOffice (I'm on Version 6.1.1.2).
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Phil_SK wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:17 pm I downloaded the third one (English version) and it's opening fine with LibreOffice (I'm on Version 6.1.1.2).
That one did like to open it. Thanks.
Quite a big list. Tempting species.
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

No first hand experience (yet) myself, but this seems like an interesting list: http://www.richtstatt.de/gymnos_v3/news.php?l=en.
Christian
BCSS Member
Branch: BIRMINGHAM & District

Post by Christian »

It's an excellent source of seeds from South American cacti, particularly Gymnocalycium and Frailea. I bought seed from Volker Schädlich many times, and I have always been happy with the results. He's long been known as an expert for Gymnos in Germany, and his seed list shows why...
Member of Birmingham Branch
http://birmingham.bcss.org.uk/
KarlR
BCSS Member

Post by KarlR »

I actually sent him an order this morning, and not only did he reply a few hours later, he even sent the order this afternoon. I've never experienced that kind of super quick service from any seed sellers before. Brilliant!
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

KarlR wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:02 pm I actually sent him an order this morning, and not only did he reply a few hours later, he even sent the order this afternoon. I've never experienced that kind of super quick service from any seed sellers before. Brilliant!
Same for me. Got a message back this morning and a confirmation this afternoon. It was already in the post before I got the payment details and could pay. Only have experienced that with societies were you need to be a member of. Must go wrong every now and then too, I think... Definately a list to keep on my radar for next early October.
KarlR
BCSS Member

Post by KarlR »

Aiko wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:46 pmSame for me. Got a message back this morning and a confirmation this afternoon. It was already in the post before I got the payment details and could pay. Only have experienced that with societies were you need to be a member of. Must go wrong every now and then too, I think... Definately a list to keep on my radar for next early October.
For sure! Really couldn't be happier with the service.