Uploading Photos

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Tina
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Uploading Photos

Post by Tina »

What format are they saved in ?, I'm sure I couldn't post Tif files I normally convert to jpeg.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Tina wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:05 pm What format are they saved in ?, I'm sure I couldn't post Tif files I normally convert to jpeg.
Wouldn't think they'd be TIFF files as they're ENORMOUS in comparison.
I'm wondering whether they are camera specific files or an odd variant. There's JPG & JPEG and a few other variants.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
agavemad
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by agavemad »

The files are jpg, Tina.
I have tried drag and drop Bill and keep getting the same error message.
I have uploaded photos without issue in the past, same PC same camera. I am completely at a loss. It wasn't too long ago I posted a picture to the forum
This is the message …..

Error
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct

How frustrating :grin:
Attachments
100_1431.JPG
agavemad
BCSS Member

Post by agavemad »

That is a pic I posted a few weeks ago yet I can not post Pics of the agaves I would like to post!!!
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

I'm struggling to thing of suggestions to help. Might be worth copying an image that you can't upload into a folder from which you've successfully uploaded that Haworthia image and then, in Windows file explorer, go and check that the two images seem similar (might need to change to 'details view'; ignore 'FastStone - it's just the application I use to open image files)
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (52.39 KiB) Viewed 2318 times
Is there anything different that stands out? If not, can you upload the Agave pic from this folder?
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
agavemad
BCSS Member

Post by agavemad »

I have tried this Phil and can see no difference. I have also put the photo in the same file as the haworthia.
Interestingly I have just tried to upload different Pictures from the original folder.... some will upload and some wont. The only thing I can think is I uploaded a few images to Facebook from this folder and these are the ones I am having issues with. I am not a PC genius and really do not understand the image security settings so best to leave them alone I think. Now I have some that will upload I will try and start a new thread, with regards to the others I am baffled!
agavemad
BCSS Member

Post by agavemad »

Very frustratingly I can add some images and not others. The images are in the same folders, some will load some will not. I have no idea. I will take more photos at some point and try them
Edit
I have managed to upload some of the other pics, by opening in paint and saving a copy as png
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

agavemad wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:14 am .............. by opening in paint and saving a copy as png..........
A trusty and trusted file standard
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Are you sure the images are actually stored on your disk - the url message makes me think you have a link to an image stored somewhere on the webs (via Facebook?)

This is a rather large file that I have recently uploaded to Facebook but I know the files is still on my disk
Mammillaria pseudoperbella.jpg
agavemad
BCSS Member

Post by agavemad »

Yes definitely still on my disc. below is the location
C:\Users\C660-2KF\Desktop\oct18
Some will load from this file, other will not
Maybe its just some random thing I will never work out