Uploading Photos

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Tina
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Uploading Photos

Post by Tina »

Ha ha ,give with one hand and take with the other (td)
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

It looks like we should be able to zoom from the text that the system puts to the bottom left of pictures while showing you how many there are in the current page of the thread bottom right
zoom.JPG
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by Tony R »

Jim_Mercer wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:05 am
Tina wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:59 am Thanks for the extra info, it's nice scrolling through the photos, a useful addition for a change (tu)
Unfortunately we seem to have lost the ability to zoom into pictures which was useful after we were allowed to upload bigger files
I'll let Bill H know, I think it happened last time he tinkered with the site!
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
habanerocat
BCSS Member
Branch: DUBLIN

Post by habanerocat »

Jim_Mercer wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:05 am
Tina wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:59 am Thanks for the extra info, it's nice scrolling through the photos, a useful addition for a change (tu)
Unfortunately we seem to have lost the ability to zoom into pictures which was useful after we were allowed to upload bigger files
Agreed...........
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Jim_Mercer wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:05 am Unfortunately we seem to have lost the ability to zoom into pictures which was useful after we were allowed to upload bigger files
I agree, Jim. Some photos became so big when they were "clicked on" that you had to scroll to see the full shot but it did make for a detailed look.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by Tony R »

rodsmith wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:06 pm
Jim_Mercer wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:05 am Unfortunately we seem to have lost the ability to zoom into pictures which was useful after we were allowed to upload bigger files
I agree, Jim. Some photos became so big when they were "clicked on" that you had to scroll to see the full shot but it did make for a detailed look.
Bill H is aware of the issue and will be looking into it. (tu)
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

There is nothing obvious in the settings or software that is noticeably different from before the upgrade.

I will be glad to see the back of this software to be honest over the years it seems to have got quite bloated and everytime you upgrade, extensions need tweaking to make them work.

Bill

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Bill wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:28 pm There is nothing obvious in the settings or software that is noticeably different from before the upgrade.
It seems to lose the connection to the original file and just shows you the "forum size" file - the 3.1MB agave image only shows a 700x525 image when you click on it but it knows the file size when you point to it but fails to show the 3264x2448 pixel file. The real problem though (which started this thread) is the software getting confused by the size data in some images
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

A minus for the image scrolling option is it only works for the page you are on not all the pages in the thread, a bit tedious with the agave thread as there are so many pages but getting there
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Has something changed? Just found today that hovering over the file name that forum puts at bottom of image now gives message user-assigned image link and when clicked does take you to full sized image
2018-12-04.jpg