Seedlings from last years sowing.

For discussion on all Haworthiad type plants - open to all.
Mike P
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Seedlings from last years sowing.

Post by Mike P »

Pot full of mixed hybrids from last years Haw soc offer. Ready for potting on?
Attachments
image.jpg
Mike
Secretary Bromley Branch
ralphrmartin
BCSS Research Committee Chairman
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Chairman - Research

Re: Seedlings from last years sowing.

Post by ralphrmartin »

They grow rather quicker than cactus seedlings, don't they!
Ralph Martin
https://www.rrm.me.uk/Cacti/cacti.html
Members visiting the Llyn Peninsula are welcome to visit my collection.

Swaps and sales at https://www.rrm.me.uk/Cacti/forsale.php

My Field Number Database is at https://www.fieldnos.bcss.org.uk
Mike P
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Post by Mike P »

Yes especially under grow lights.
Mike
Secretary Bromley Branch
Cactusgirl
BCSS Member
Branch: CLACTON-on-SEA
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Cactusgirl »

They look amazing. My seeds from the last Haw Society list are just starting to pop through now. I've got them in my Vitapod propogator in the greenhouse. The pots are also in zip lock bags. Any advice please ad to what I need to do next as I know in many ways the easy thing is germinating them and the hard part keeping them going! I have bought a set up of T5 grow lights which I haven't yet tried out so maybe they might be useful now?
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Cactusgirl wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:55 am They look amazing. My seeds from the last Haw Society list are just starting to pop through now. I've got them in my Vitapod propogator in the greenhouse. The pots are also in zip lock bags. Any advice please ad to what I need to do next as I know in many ways the easy thing is germinating them and the hard part keeping them going! I have bought a set up of T5 grow lights which I haven't yet tried out so maybe they might be useful now?
Cactusgirl
Can you post the spec of the lights - please
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Cactusgirl
BCSS Member

Post by Cactusgirl »

Intelligent Lighting T5 blue fluorescent tubes 6500k and red 2700k high output T5. There are 6 tubes
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Cactusgirl wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:18 pm Intelligent Lighting T5 blue fluorescent tubes 6500k and red 2700k high output T5. There are 6 tubes
Ah yes - thanks - I recognise these now as the similar to my daughter's aquarium. I take it you have them fitted in standard tube fittings supported over the growing plants.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Cactusgirl
BCSS Member

Post by Cactusgirl »

Hi actually it's a complete kit I bought with reflectors and supports etc. Just haven't got round to setting it up yet! Am trying to decide if it will be best placed in the greenhouse suspended over the Vitapod containing the newly emerging seedlings?
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Cactusgirl wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:13 pm Hi actually it's a complete kit I bought with reflectors and supports etc. Just haven't got round to setting it up yet! Am trying to decide if it will be best placed in the greenhouse suspended over the Vitapod containing the newly emerging seedlings?
thanks for the info