Cintia knizei seedlings

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
fatich
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Cintia knizei seedlings

Post by fatich »

I ve sown some Cintia knizei seedlings and they look like etiolated.They are close to 2months old.
Do they grow like this? I ve searched but couldnt find any photos of early stage of the Cintia seedlings.
Attachments
IMG_20190515_190313.jpg
Echinocactus123
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH DEVON
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Cintia knizei seedlings

Post by Echinocactus123 »

They look ok to me. Cintia seedling often look like that, the seedlings should start looking more rounded as they grow. :smile:
Henry,

A 15 year old with a love for Slow growing cacti, highland nepenthes and bulbophyllum orchids.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Normal. Maybe slightly stretched, but don't panic. Not sure if they look like this in habitat, but those will produce happy adults.
Cheshire, UK
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Mine are not this stretched. But I guess it depends mostly on how your other seedlings are doing. I have seen before you grow nice plants, so if your other seedlings are not this etiolated looking, I am sure these are just stretchy on their own account (and maybe the strechness even depends on its original locality).
fatich
Registered Guest

Post by fatich »

Thank you all for your answers, i feel relaxed now.:)
i think other seedlings are doing fine under same conditions.

Here are Echinomastus unguispinus laui seedlings and another seedling germinated with them after 3months, i dont know which specie it is.
Attachments
IMG_20190515_222703.jpg
fatich
Registered Guest

Post by fatich »

An update
Attachments
IMG_20200110_105253.jpg
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

fatich wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:32 pm Here are Echinomastus unguispinus laui seedlings and another seedling germinated with them after 3months
Have you done anything special to germinate the Echinomastus seeds?
They look nice.

The odd one looks (for now at least) a bit like a Lithops or another mesemb. Do you grow mesembs?
fatich
Registered Guest

Post by fatich »

Aiko wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:00 pm
fatich wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:32 pm Here are Echinomastus unguispinus laui seedlings and another seedling germinated with them after 3months
Have you done anything special to germinate the Echinomastus seeds?
They look nice.

The odd one looks (for now at least) a bit like a Lithops or another mesemb. Do you grow mesembs?
I didnt do anything special with Echinomastus, i just sowed them like most of the other cacti seeds.
I have no idea what is the odd one, while i was changing the substrate of the seedlings l lost it.
Here is how they look now. They have just started to grow again in winter.
Attachments
IMG_20200110_105221.jpg
IMG_20200110_105237.jpg