Aptly named. "rubyspina"

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Aptly named. "rubyspina"

Post by Eric Williams »

No need for text. Cheers
image.jpeg
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Aptly named. "rubyspina"

Post by el48tel »

You have certainly captured the redness of those spines
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Post by Eric Williams »

Thanks for the kind words el48. Not the best of pictures, but my old iPad does the bizz. for me. Cheers
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Eric Williams wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:09 pm Thanks for the kind words el48. Not the best of pictures, but my old iPad does the bizz. for me. Cheers
Eric .... it's not the equipment ... it's the eye of the user which counts. I won't tell you how old my "cactus greenhouse camera" is. I also have some professional gear which I prefer to stay away from the possible perils of the greenhouse. I am working on a few ideas for building a stage and jig in the garage .... and take the plant to the camera rather than the other way around.
And please ..... it's "Tel" rather than "el" for my handle/name .... although you may continue if you wish.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
ralphrmartin
BCSS Research Committee Chairman
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Chairman - Research

Post by ralphrmartin »

Been taking tips from Graham Meaker? (tu) (tu)
Ralph Martin
https://www.rrm.me.uk/Cacti/cacti.html
Members visiting the Llyn Peninsula are welcome to visit my collection.

Swaps and sales at https://www.rrm.me.uk/Cacti/forsale.php

My Field Number Database is at https://www.fieldnos.bcss.org.uk
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

ralphrmartin wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:07 pm Been taking tips from Graham Meaker? (tu) (tu)
And who, pray, is Graham Meaker?
MalcolmP2
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by MalcolmP2 »

el48tel wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:01 am I won't tell you how old my "cactus greenhouse camera" is.
Nikon E2200 ? First marketed in 2004 I think, which makes it a tad older than my old Panasonic FZ18 (c2007), which goes everywhere with me. Unlike my Canon 60D which is too heavy for casual use and never has the right lens on it anyway ;) ! :)
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

MalcolmP2 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:29 pm
el48tel wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:01 am I won't tell you how old my "cactus greenhouse camera" is.
Nikon E2200 ? First marketed in 2004 I think, which makes it a tad older than my old Panasonic FZ18 (c2007), which goes everywhere with me. Unlike my Canon 60D which is too heavy for casual use and never has the right lens on it anyway ;) ! :)
EXIF data????????
Hey - but it works - and it doesn't matter if it gets a tad shabby in the GH - and the short focal length lens gives a reasonably sharp super closeup without the need for tubes etc etc - and the JPG quality is better than that on some compacts AND with the OTG lead I can have a processed image onto the net in a couple of minutes without re-sizing