Help with ID please

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Help with ID please

Post by el48tel »

PSX_20190711_142450.jpg
I bought this plant a couple of weeks ago in the garden centre. No label on it like the others on the stand. But then it had a few offsets sprouting and a possible flower of the Lobivia or Echinopsis type and looked like it needed to go back with me. The offsets have grown very rapidly to the point of stretching the pot but the flower bud has not materialised.
Could anyone suggest a name or genus please?
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Re: Help with ID please

Post by Cidermanrolls »

An over fed sulcorebutia?
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Lobivia arachnacantha, I think.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Phil_SK wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:13 am Lobivia arachnacantha, I think.
Thanks Phil_SK ...that was one of the two on my researched list. The other was one of the tiegelianas ... v pusilla
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.