Trichocereus pachanoi

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Greenlarry
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Trichocereus pachanoi

Post by Greenlarry »

Very nice!
You can take the boy out of the greenhouse, but you can't take the greenhouse out of the boy!
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Post by ragamala »

Eric Williams wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:34 pm Hi, I don't think the picture taker is entirely at fault here. Until I sorted out my orientation probs.
Eric, You know the situation. But still in the last week you have posted stuff with wrong orientation. How considerate of others is that? How do you ustify that?
Peter
BCSS Member

Post by Peter »

It's this rather crappy forum software that's to blame. I recently posted pics of plants for sale and they ended up sideways. The same software that makes me log on the few times that I do nowadays. No reason whatsoever for Ragamala to jump in with snappy personal criticisms. So very tiresome. Ragamala should apologise.
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Post by ragamala »

Peter wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:57 pm It's this rather crappy forum software that's to blame.
No Peter, it is people who repeatedly refuse to accept the advice given as how to overcome this problem and continue making life difficult for the others on the forum.

Yes you are right. This should have been sorted out ages ago. Are you suggesting a motion of no confidence in the forum administrators? Do we have to wait years until the new web site comes? You tell me Peter. In the meantime I hold individuals responsible for their posts.
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tony R »

ragamala wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:11 pm
Peter wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:57 pm It's this rather crappy forum software that's to blame.
No Peter, it is people who repeatedly refuse to accept the advice given as how to overcome this problem and continue making life difficult for the others on the forum.

Yes you are right. This should have been sorted out ages ago. Are you suggesting a motion of no confidence in the forum administrators? Do we have to wait years until the new web site comes? You tell me Peter. In the meantime I hold individuals responsible for their posts.
There is one Forum Administrator and two Forum Moderators.
If any of you would like to take over my role, then you would be most welcome.
I can only do what I have time to do.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

RAYWOODBRIDGE wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:30 pm I hope the " up North " was a jest Tony, we already have enough splits in this society without going up that one. :lol:
Thanks Ray
I wasn't going to reply to what I could have taken as being offensive. I am not a Northerner .... except only by recently moving here. However, we have thick skins and are hardened to what amounts to jealousy in the rest of the population. Real northern humour is acerbic and often self-deprecating.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Greenlarry
Registered Guest

Post by Greenlarry »

If the poster is posting from their phone, using its camera, and auto rotate images is turned on, there's your answer.
You can take the boy out of the greenhouse, but you can't take the greenhouse out of the boy!
Ross M
BCSS Member

Post by Ross M »

I normally read posts like this and say nothing, simply thinking to myself how tetchy folk are sometimes. It's these sort of comments (& worse) in posts that made me fed up with the Forum several years ago and move away. It's only recently that I decided to join in again but it appears that unfortunately not much has changed. Just my own thoughts here but I do wonder if others have read comments over the years and similarly left or have elected not to join due to the bickering which arises with varying degrees of frequency :roll: On this occasion, it's simply over the trivial matter of the orientation of photos, which a member went to the trouble of taking and posting for the benefit of others. I take my hat off to the Administrator and Moderators for their voluntary work and hope for a discussion forum which is interesting, educational, even fun but above all else light-hearted and friendly
Last edited by Ross M on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ross

Dunbar, SE Scotland.
BCSS member #46264 (originally joined 1983).
Growing cacti since 1978, with a particular interest in Sulcorebutia and Rebutia.

juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Well said Ross. The majority of people here simply want to discuss their plants in a friendly, helpful manner. Unfortunately this is being ruined by a small number who seem to prefer unpleasantness.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Echinocactus123
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH DEVON

Post by Echinocactus123 »

juster wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:26 pm Well said Ross. The majority of people here simply want to discuss their plants in a friendly, helpful manner. Unfortunately this is being ruined by a small number who seem to prefer unpleasantness.
I agree, it doesn't give of good vibes of the forum.
Henry,

A 15 year old with a love for Slow growing cacti, highland nepenthes and bulbophyllum orchids.