Hello from Madrid

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
JohnMadrid
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello from Madrid

Post by JohnMadrid »

Hi All

New member living in Madrid here. I’ve always been a keen gardener and always been keen on succulents, but the recent move to sunny Spain has forced me to specialize in succulent things!

The collection is currently fairly small (less than 40 plants) and mostly fairly run of the mill things; I was fairly limited with what I could bring with me when I moved out here and I find there’s not much selection in the garden centers / nurseries around here either (which is mind boggling, considering the climate).

Looking forward to picking up some hints and tips from the society as it’s been a steep learning curve getting to grips with gardening in this climate (I thought I was green fingered till I came here)

And hopefully I’ll make it to some society meeting one week when I’m back in the U.K.!

Thanks
John W
Madrid, Spain
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Hello from Madrid

Post by juster »

Welcome to the Forum John and good luck in your new environment, it will be interesting to see how you get along and maybe some photos of your plants and garden. There will be plenty to interest you here and advice when needed. Enjoy your plants!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
AnTTun
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by AnTTun »

Welcome aboard John :)
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by el48tel »

Welcome to the forum John
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.