Pleispilos simulans

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
David1971
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Pleispilos simulans

Post by David1971 »

Just want to show you these ones. Now they are 3-yr old and are going to flower for the first time
DSC_7765.JPG
DSC_7765.JPG (241.78 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Pleispilos simulans

Post by Tina »

Looking good (tu) ,your going to have a good display, they certainly like your growing conditions & no bug marks
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Terry S.

Post by Terry S. »

Interesting that they are flowering a couple of months later than in my UK greenhouse. If they are from MSG seed, look out for pink-flowered ones and treasure them.
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Nice. :smile:
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
David1971
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by David1971 »

Terry, the same occurs with Lithops, my plants are on average among the last flowering ones all over Europe. This probably occurs because summers are very long, with night temperatures not dropping noticeably till the end of September. The seeds of these simulans came from Mesa Garden (Klipplaat). I saw the picture of a pink-flowered plant in the last MDG bolletin of 2018. Lovely!
MikeDom
BCSS Member
Branch: GLOUCESTER

Post by MikeDom »

Terry S. wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:54 am Interesting that they are flowering a couple of months later than in my UK greenhouse. If they are from MSG seed, look out for pink-flowered ones and treasure them.
I’ve got some old plants from MSG seed which are pink. What’s special about them Terry? Just showing my ignorance...
Mike

BCSS member 39216

Active grower of caudiciform succulents and mesembs. I don't really grow cacti (very often).
Terry S.

Post by Terry S. »

The flowers should be yellow on P. simulans. The pinks are unusual and have appeared in a stock developed by Steve Hammer.
MikeDom
BCSS Member
Branch: GLOUCESTER

Post by MikeDom »

Thanks Terry.
Mike

BCSS member 39216

Active grower of caudiciform succulents and mesembs. I don't really grow cacti (very often).