National 2020 Hotel next to venue information n discount code

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Re: National 2020 Hotel next to venue information n discount code

Post by Cactus Jack »

Hi Stuart , sorry just trying to work out if I can go , no show on Sunday ?? Just for booking dates 🙂 🌵
Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

The show is only Saturday but there is lots to do IN MK & surrounding area, you could go snowboarding at CMK.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by Cactus Jack »

Thanks Tina 😁 🌵
Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by Stuart »

Plant sales are open from 4pm to 8pm on the Friday and, unless the sales area is kept secure, there will be people buying as soon as the nurseries start bringing plants in earlier on the Friday. The M25 and M1 can be so bad on a Friday that I'd recommend staying overnight on the Thursday. Staging on the Saturday morning is from 7am to 10am which either means a very early start on the Saturday or, much easier, staging on the Friday afternoon and having an early look at the sales area. I'm pleased to see the judging will all be done in a 60 minute period from 10.15am on the Saturday so there's only a 15 minute gap for stewards to do any checking and spacing out exhibits to improve the overall look. There's only a 15 minute gap between judging and opening so very little time for writing and placing prize cards and picking best cactus etc. As long as everyone keeps an eye on the timing there shouldn't be any problems, the timing is similar to previous Nationals from my memory.
Stuart
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

Plant sales are open from 4pm to 8pm on the Friday
thats only if you are entering plants or are a stall holder I believe ??
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by Stuart »

Half-page advert in the last 'Cactus World' just showed 'Sales Open 4pm - 8pm on the Friday', nothing about having to enter the show. Maybe I missed something?
Stuart
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

BCSS National Show 2020 – correction to sales area opening times
The promotional material in the last two editions of CactusWorld unfortunately contained an error.
The sales area will be open to members and the public on Saturday only.
Access on Friday will, as in 2016, be restricted to exhibitors, sellers and stewards.
Tina

Bucks, UK