Updated seed lists

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
kvb
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by kvb »

Thank you. You are helping a lot. They should pay you for that.

Chris
steviewang
Registered Guest

Post by steviewang »

Aiko wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:26 am
steviewang wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:11 am mesa updated list:https://mesagarden.com/
Are you sure? They don't have a big bang update anymore. Just an occasional update. I mostly see things out of stock at the moment.

I don't like their website. At least give me the option to exclude all out of stock when I search for something.
At least conophytum updated but also most of them were out of stock.
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Post by ragamala »

I think it is very sad what has happened to Mesa Garden, and only hope they recover from this sort of criticism.

Going back maybe 40 years, they were the top seed suppliers in the world for mesembs and N American cacti. We had to put up with a frustratingly long waiting period, but we got (as it was printed catalogue then) a vast range of goodies on offer and mostly in my experience I eventually received what I ordered.

Sadly this account doesn't quite gel with what folk are saying. I hope it can be sorted.

https://mesagarden.com/our-history
KarlR
BCSS Member

Post by KarlR »

Mesa Garden still has a huge selection on offer, and it seems that they are continuing to add more species as they do state on the web site.

The biggest difference I've found is that they have really increased the prices - particularly on the most coveted mesembs. But I guess the mesembs might be the most popular and fastest selling so as new owners I would understand perfectly that they'd focus on that group of plants. They seem more business oriented than Brack but I hope they don't go too far with the prices.

As new owners they might also prefer to focus more on some genera and greatly reduced the amount of others per their own interests.

Their website is quite cumbersome to use though.
colser
BCSS Member
Branch: BIRMINGHAM & District
Role within the BCSS: Seed Purchaser

Post by colser »

I've found the new owners of mesa garden to have already improved 3 areas that used to get a lot of negative vibes. Improvements that I for one are greatful for.

--communication, you are much more likely to get a timely response confirming your order and regular updates until arrival

--turnaround time, my last couple of orders have arrived in less than 2 weeks, quite a upturn and impressive to get to grips with this so quickly

--likely hood of getting what you order, whilst I agree it is a bit cumbersome with all the out of stock pages I'm now much more likely to get everything I order

It would obviously be nice to have cheaper prices but that feels like a supply/demand issue with some of the more "difficult" varieties as opposed to anything mesa are driving directly

Ps I do agree with the huge respect shown for the previous owners 😁
peter831shaw
Registered Guest

Post by peter831shaw »

I ordered seeds yesterday and received notice they were about 2 months out in filling orders.

Still will be happy to get them.

Peter
Peter Shaw
SteveJones
BCSS Member
Branch: CLACTON-on-SEA
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by SteveJones »

Put a couple of orders in with Mesa Gardens just after the 15th January update and have already received both. :ban:
Terry S.

Post by Terry S. »

I wonder Steve, did you pay $76 for the Phytosanitary certificate or did the seeds get into the OK safely without it?
mary44
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by mary44 »

I made a small order to Mesa Gardens on the 15th January. My seeds were posted within 48 hours and I received them last week. I did not bother with a phytosanitary certificate to the U.K and the seeds arrived with no problems. I assumed we did not need one.
peter831shaw
Registered Guest

Post by peter831shaw »

peter831shaw wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:10 pm I ordered seeds yesterday and received notice they were about 2 months out in filling orders.

Still will be happy to get them.

Peter
I just received notice they are on their way. Great news!
Peter Shaw