Agave OH NO

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
WayneM
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Agave OH NO

Post by WayneM »

Tina

How's the Agave looking now? Any changes in its behaviour?
To be honest ive just enjoyed seeing pictures of the Agaves.

Wayne
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by Cactus Jack »

Yes more Agave photo's 🙂 🌵
Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

Sorry I need to check & take some picts but I have decided its a white/blue becky so an isthmensis.

here is a few potatorum Kisshokan spine picts to tide you over & why I decided it wasn't one of these, the spines are wrong & its smaller
kisshokan E 2_20.jpg
kisshokan C 2_20.jpg
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

Here you go, its still looking suspicious to me, I have included another isthmensis for comparison with a bit of agave eye candy as a backdrop.

Well whats the verdict other than wait & see.....
isthmensis comparison 4_20.jpg
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Patrick »

The main verdict is WOW, amazing plants! I think I've kept the Parassana marginata that I got from you in too much sun. There can be a lot of that here in Portugal.
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

Most young variegated agave's do best with some shade or you slow the growth down & they go pink :eek: , mine have bubble wrap for winter & green netting in the summer. It should like the extra heat you have in Portugal.
Tina

Bucks, UK
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Patrick »

Tina wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:44 pm Most young variegated agave's do best with some shade or you slow the growth down & they go pink :eek: , mine have bubble wrap for winter & green netting in the summer. It should like the extra heat you have in Portugal.
Yes I only realised quite how pink it had gone when I set it next to a pup I took off it a couple of years ago that has been much more in the shade, it is much greener and more open, the mother plant looks like it's got a punk hair do, all straight up and weird colours and even it has had quite a lot of shade.
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

:useless: , I would love to see a punk pink agave please :razz:
Tina

Bucks, UK
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

From May 2020
agave maybe flowering 2_5_20.jpg
Feb 2021, looking a bit more elongated, seems to be a very slow flowering process.
definitely more stretching from the base I have left a few pups on to see if I get mini flowers on them.
agave maybe flowering 2_2_21.jpg
agave maybe flowering single 2_5_20.jpg
Last edited by Tina on Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tina

Bucks, UK
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by edds »

Looking great Tina. As sad as it is for that specimen I imagine it's going to look really spectacular!
Tina wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:27 pm Feb 2121, looking a bit more elongated, seems to be a very slow flowering process.
You're not wrong about it being slow - 2121 so over a century!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ed

BCSS member 53038