Nice pots- with plants (No clay/plastic)

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Ospreywatcher
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Nice pots- with plants (No clay/plastic)

Post by Ospreywatcher »

Thanks Eric, I usually give my other plants a good drenching every couple of weeks but I will be very careful with this particular pot. If they ever outgrow the pot and need repotting I will have an attempt at drilling a drainage hole but until then I will just give small amounts of water.
Into all sorts of exotic plants but with only having a conservatory I prefer to buy small young plants and miniature cacti.

My Flickr photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/ospreywatc ... 070601017/
chris25
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTH WALES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by chris25 »

A few of mine:
Attachments
Tylecodon decipiens
Tylecodon decipiens
Crassula sarcocaulon
Crassula sarcocaulon
Euphorbia cylindrica
Euphorbia cylindrica
chris25
BCSS Member

Post by chris25 »

Correction to last photo: It should of course be Euphorbia cylindrifolia.
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Post by Herts Mike »

Nice show Chris.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

I really like the Crassula sarcocaulon (tu)
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

chris25 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:52 pm Correction to last photo: It should of course be Euphorbia cylindrifolia.
The 2nd one is Crassula sarcocaulis.

Nice plants - and pots
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Patrick »

Yes the Crassula sarcocaulis, is a lovely looking plant and totally hardy I understand
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

Patrick wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:45 pm Yes the Crassula sarcocaulis, is a lovely looking plant and totally hardy I understand
I've had it growing outside in the garden for many years. I lost some plants in the very cold winter of 2010, but that might have had more to do with a load of snow sliding off the grenhouse roof and flattening them. In other sites it was OK, despite the record cold that winter. The white flowered form is said to be less hardy. It usually flowers late in the year for me, I presume yours was photographed some time ago.
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
chris25
BCSS Member

Post by chris25 »

MikeT. Thanks for the correction. Written in haste (too much haste, clearly).
And yes, I photographed this one last year, August I think. I have lost them in the past when left outside so I bring this one in to a cold greenhouse (Alpine house) now.
Colin Walker
Branch: None

Post by Colin Walker »

Here are a couple of agaves only repotted yesterday.

The first is one of my favourites: Agave schidigera. This now fits snuggly into the 26 cm diam. restricted pot class for an agave at the National Show, so here's me being optimistic for the future of this major event.

The pot is a very special Whichford Pottery pan of which I have very few.

fullsizeoutput_7c7.jpeg

The second plant is currently labelled Agave xromani 'Mediopicta'. I removed at least a dozen dead or dying leaves to tidy up this plant, and it was also washed using cotton buds :shock:

This too is being lined up for the next National, this time for the smallest agave class with a max. pot size of 18 cm.

Notice that the deep maroon pot complements the colour of the variegation of this cv.

fullsizeoutput_7c9.jpeg
This plant came from you Tina - haven't I done well with this, especially considering that variegated agaves aren't quite my thing? :grin: :grin:

This plant is very red 'cos it's not been watered through the winter and is only just coming back into growth. Next winter it WILL be watered. :shock:

By the way Tina I don't think that xromani is the correct name for this cv. Something like 'Shadow Dancer' might be more correct, but this is a complex issue I've only just started to think about.
Cheers,
Colin

FBCSS
FCSSA
Fellow of the Linnean Society (FLS)
Member of the IOS
Honorary Research Associate, The Open University