Two of these things are not like the others

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
iann
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Two of these things are not like the others

Post by iann »

That's it. I think the little one is the same as the big one. I think its very likely they're both Dinterops 'Stones Throw' since that was sown at the same time.
dinterops-0709.jpg
Cheshire, UK
Ivan
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Ivan »

iann wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:59 pm That's it. I think the little one is the same as the big one. I think its very likely they're both Dinterops 'Stones Throw' since that was sown at the same time.
So all I get is extra kudos. Best offer I've been given in some time. I'll take it! :grin:
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

Ivan wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:48 pm
iann wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:59 pm That's it. I think the little one is the same as the big one. I think its very likely they're both Dinterops 'Stones Throw' since that was sown at the same time.
So all I get is extra kudos. Best offer I've been given in some time. I'll take it! :grin:
Have you grown it? Mine are all over the place. Some started flowering at less than 3 years old, others are still tiny. Appearance is also quite variable, as you might expect from a hybrid.
Cheshire, UK
Ivan
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Ivan »

iann wrote: Have you grown it? Mine are all over the place. Some started flowering at less than 3 years old, others are still tiny. Appearance is also quite variable, as you might expect from a hybrid.
No, I haven't grown that one. In fact I have lost a number of my Lithops. Our temperature has been extremely hot. The greenhouse temperature has been in the 50s, hitting as high as 58°C and it's suppose to continue for some time. I can't seem to figure out whether to water or not and how often.