kaktus-koehres

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Echinocactus123
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTH DEVON
Role within the BCSS: Member

kaktus-koehres

Post by Echinocactus123 »

Hello everyone,

Has anyone had experience with kaktus-koehres? They seem to have a very large selection of seeds but many people have complained about the viability of seeds/fungal issues, while others have had a great experience with their seeds.

Thank you,
Henry,

A 15 year old with a love for Slow growing cacti, highland nepenthes and bulbophyllum orchids.
Paul D
BCSS Trustee
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Re: kaktus-koehres

Post by Paul D »

Echinocactus123 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:00 am Hello everyone,

Has anyone had experience with kaktus-koehres? They seem to have a very large selection of seeds but many people have complained about the viability of seeds/fungal issues, while others have had a great experience with their seeds.

Thank you,
Hi Henry, I've had plants and seeds from them a few times, and was always happy with them. There is the occasional pack of seeds that don't produce anything but that may be down to me / the conditions rather than the seeds. They always ask for a report on germination, so I know are keen to make sure people are happy. As with any seeds stockist the seeds probably come from a wide range of sources.
Paul in North-east Scotland (Grampian Branch BCSS)
National Collection Rebutia, Aylostera & Weingartia (inc. Sulcorebutia). Also growing a mixture including Ferocactus, Gymnocalycium, Lobivia, Mammillaria, Lithops, Gasteria, Haworthia.
http://www.rebutia.org.uk
majcka
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by majcka »

I bought several times from them. Their Agava, Pachypodium and Adenium seeds germinated fine. I had more problems with cacti seeds. Can't tell exactly why. :?: :?:

Adansonia digitata and Cycas revoluta didn't germinate either. :oops: :oops:
Maja
BCSS No. 50507

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier.
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Nick_G
BCSS Member

Post by Nick_G »

I have found the germination rate of their seed no better and no worse than other suppliers but their customer service is second to none. Bettina has always sent replacement seed when I've experienced poor germination.
BCSS no.33806

Turbinicarpus, Lophophora, Ariocarpus, Lobivia and Gymnocalycium
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

I used them for the first time this year and I ordered again to sow some more things a few months later which shows I was happy with the results! The Echeveria and Aeonium I sowed came up well in large numbers and all the Lithops I ordered from them. There were a few cacti that haven't but this is the same with seed from other suppliers too and less failure rate than some.

The only negative is a few of the Lithops have other types mixed in and one isn't what I bought it as. The cacti are too small for someone as inexperienced as me to tell if they are the correct ID yet.
Ed

BCSS member 53038
Echinocactus123
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH DEVON

Post by Echinocactus123 »

Thank you everyone, I may order from them soon.
Henry,

A 15 year old with a love for Slow growing cacti, highland nepenthes and bulbophyllum orchids.
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Nick_G wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:56 pm Bettina has always sent replacement seed when I've experienced poor germination.
The one problem I had about ten years ago, I also get a replacement for it. Germination rates are okay, nothing better or worse than others.