Updated seed lists

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Magi
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by Magi »

Thanks, I'll followup.
Magi
Registered Guest

Post by Magi »

Thanks, I'll followup.
So Volker got back to me. He did receive my request.
Despite being aware of his popularity, I am shock that some of the items are in such high demand (G. friedrichii and cardenansianum especially). I never knew they are such hot items in the hobby.
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Magi wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:52 pm
Thanks, I'll followup.
So Volker got back to me. He did receive my request.
Despite being aware of his popularity, I am shock that some of the items are in such high demand (G. friedrichii and cardenansianum especially). I never knew they are such hot items in the hobby.
You are talking about the G. friedrichii from Agua Dulce, right? Previously they were at a 'normal' price (same price as other species) of I believe 0.90 euro. I saw it was something over 2 euros now, 2.40 or so?

I must say, the Agua Dulce form is hard to find and quite pretty. I am happy I got some growing from my order a year ago.
Last edited by Aiko on Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magi
Registered Guest

Post by Magi »

You are talking about the G. friendrichii from Agua Dulce, right?
That one for sure and almost every other friedrichii on there!
esp
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD

Post by esp »

I placed an order a few days ago with www.kaktusyhk.cz and they confirmed that orders sent after 1/1/21 would need phyto and CITES 1 certificates for orders to the UK. At 500 / 1000 Kc each, these would make smaller orders vastly more expensive.
The cutoff date for www.kaktusyhk.cz orders for dispatch this year has now passed, but for other Czech (and Slovak?) suppliers it may be worth getting orders in immediately to avoid these charges.
Just another Brexit bonus, folks! :sad:
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

esp wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:02 am I placed an order a few days ago with www.kaktusyhk.cz and they confirmed that orders sent after 1/1/21 would need phyto and CITES 1 certificates for orders to the UK. At 500 / 1000 Kc each, these would make smaller orders vastly more expensive.
The cutoff date for www.kaktusyhk.cz orders for dispatch this year has now passed, but for other Czech (and Slovak?) suppliers it may be worth getting orders in immediately to avoid these charges.
Just another Brexit bonus, folks! :sad:
Seeds catalogue says "Orders received till November 05, 2020 - Expedition December 14, - December 31, 2020", so be quick!
Mat
Terry S.

Post by Terry S. »

That's cheap compared to what many countries such as the UK charge for such documents. Of course we have no idea what is happening yet come January but the Czech crystal ball is probably accurate.
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

It could be cheap, but those two extra charges would still make more than twice of my whole order at the moment.

Maybe Society could step in and become a "wholesale" intermediary between the UK and the rest of the world? I guess that's what the seed list kind of is, am I correct?
Mat
esp
BCSS Member

Post by esp »

Terry S. wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:40 am That's cheap compared to what many countries such as the UK charge for such documents. Of course we have no idea what is happening yet come January but the Czech crystal ball is probably accurate.
Well, we've left the EU and the transition period comes to an end on 31/12/20. I can't imagine that the UK govt is going to rush to agree something specific on phyto documentation and CITES exports/imports.
esp
BCSS Member

Post by esp »

MatDz wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:58 am
Maybe Society could step in and become a "wholesale" intermediary between the UK and the rest of the world? I guess that's what the seed list kind of is, am I correct?
I'm can imagine a greatly increased demand (on the forums here, for example) for people to "club" together to place orders.