Chairman candidate hustings

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Tina
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Chairman candidate hustings

Post by Tina »

Please don't forget this, Tuesday 22 March.

Don't forget to ASK YOUR QUESTIONS to the two candidates,

BCSS ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN
Members of the BCSS have the chance to choose between two candidates for BCSS Chairman. There will be a voting paper and details of the two nominees in the March Journal. If you are a UK member, please cast your vote by returning your completed voting paper in the pre-paid envelope provided. Only overseas members can vote by email.

The two candidates are Stirling Baker and Gregory Bulmer. They have agreed to participate in a Zoom hustings meeting on Tuesday 22 March to allow members to hear their views on Society matters. Please join the meeting, ask questions and get to know the candidates. This is your chance to learn more about the challenges faced by the BCSS and how the future Chairman proposes to address them.

Topic: BCSS Election
Time: Tuesday 22 March 2022 at 7.30pm GMT
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87659998886?p ... tNd1lwZz09
Meeting ID: 876 5999 8886
Passcode: bcss
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: Chairman candidate hustings

Post by Phil_SK »

Hmm, did everyone get a pre-paid envelope? I've just realised that I didn't. I've fished the CW outer envelope from the paper bin to make sure it wasn't in there.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Phil_SK wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:48 pm Hmm, did everyone get a pre-paid envelope? I've just realised that I didn't. I've fished the CW outer envelope from the paper bin to make sure it wasn't in there.
Just looked in the pile where I put recent mail and found envelope amongst 9 other items that must have been in the same outer envelope, might remember to fill in membership card even though I don't expect I will be using it.
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

Phil_SK wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:48 pm Hmm, did everyone get a pre-paid envelope? I've just realised that I didn't. I've fished the CW outer envelope from the paper bin to make sure it wasn't in there.
Hi Phil,
You could print this out and stick on a blank envelope:

Img_1824.jpg
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Pattock
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Pattock »

Did everyone get a CactusWorld?
Asclepiomaniac. Armchair ethnobotanist.
Occasional, eclectic blogger:
http://pattheplants.blogspot.com/
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by edds »

Thanks for the reminder Tina.

Do we need to submit questions in advance or can we just ask them on the night?
Ed

BCSS member 53038
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Patrick »

Anybody know how I can vote by email from overseas?
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Do we need to submit questions in advance or can we just ask them on the night?
I believe its ask question's on the night. Make sure you ask about the forum future 7 why its not important to keep our very useful posts. :wink:
Patrick I don't know, if you get your cactus world quick the voting closes 19th April or maybe you can fill it in & email to Simon snow.
I had to search to find the info & worried it was on the voting slip I had already sent back, there is also a mistake regarding the AGM as the secretary has stepped down but it gives her phone number as a contact for questions, guess they won't get many that way.
Last edited by Tina on Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Patrick wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:49 pm Anybody know how I can vote by email from overseas?
Voting form says
overseas members only may email their return, together with their name and membership number, to:chairman@bcss.org.uk
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

Patrick wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:49 pm Anybody know how I can vote by email from overseas?
Patrick,
The ballot paper says:
OVERSEAS MEMBERS ONLY may email their return, together with their name and membership number, to
chairman@bcss.org.uk
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)