Hello again (after a long time!)

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
McFarland
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello again (after a long time!)

Post by McFarland »

Hi everyone,

I used to be very into succulents circa 2010-2013 or so but had a very large gap due to life and circumstances have only just conspired to give me a bit of space to start growing again. Luckily a family member looked after my collection for quite a few years (with very infrequent visits and attention from me) so I still have a number of plants from those years, even though many were lost. Mainly I've got a number of Euphorbia, Aloe, Agave, and a few odds and ends like Didieria. I live in Devon now (moved from Kent) and the weather is definitely far more agreeable and warmer in general.

The big change I've noticed is brexit. Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like it's generally much harder to get plants into the UK, and many growers seem to have gone out of business since the last time round (specks!? :( )

Anyway, hello again to everyone that remembers me. Nice to see after a quick glance on the forum so many familiar faces still active!

If there's anyone here down in the south west that would accept a visitor to their collection I'd love to stop by.

Cheers

Sachi
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: Hello again (after a long time!)

Post by Phil_SK »

Welcome back!
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Geoff Lovell
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Geoff Lovell »

Edenbridge branch?, sadly no longer.
Founder member BCSS # 32426,
Growing Cacti and Succulents for over 40 years,
mixed collection but prefer succulents particularly caudiciforms.
jhb
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by jhb »

Hello Sachi
Where in Devon you. You may be in mr area
Jayne H.B.
Growing Mamms, Turbs, Ario`s & a bit of most genera in darkest North Devon. Love Lithops too.Now getting hooked on Haworthia`s & Cono`s.