Upright growing Hildewintera hybrids

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
pleun
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Upright growing Hildewintera hybrids

Post by pleun »

Good evening cacti friends, I have a question. Next year I want to collect some beautiful Hildewintera hybrids. But I do not have a lot of free space in my greenhouse. Does anybody have an idea which species of Hildewintera grow upright.
Best regards from the Netherlands
AnTTun
BCSS Member

Re: Upright growing Hildewintera hybrids

Post by AnTTun »

I assume most (if not all) plants in your GH are on some tables, benches... If you don't have space for new plants, hanging some (hildewinteras) on the top shouldn't affect the crowd underneath. Let them hang :) Or I got something wrong?
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
pleun
Registered Guest

Post by pleun »

AnTTun wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:47 pm I assume most (if not all) plants in your GH are on some tables, benches... If you don't have space for new plants, hanging some (hildewinteras) on the top shouldn't affect the crowd underneath. Let them hang :) Or I got something wrong?
My greenhouse is very small only 2x2 meter, and I have 1 hildewintera colademonosis hanging, but that takes a lot of space because it is wide, so I prefer to know the names of Hildewinteras with 1 stem😉
edds
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by edds »

I am always looking for pendant cultivars and avoiding the upright ones but I've managed to end up with two - 'Mamacita' and 'Rudolf Herzog'. 'Andenken an Freidrich Ritter' and 'Traisenschwarm' both seem intermediate and would stay upright with some careful support.
Ed

BCSS member 53038
pleun
Registered Guest

Post by pleun »

edds wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:47 pm I am always looking for pendant cultivars and avoiding the upright ones but I've managed to end up with two - 'Mamacita' and 'Rudolf Herzog'. 'Andenken an Freidrich Ritter' and 'Traisenschwarm' both seem intermediate and would stay upright with some careful support.
Thank you Ed!