2022 seed list

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
MaciejW
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HERNE BAY

Re: 2022 seed list

Post by MaciejW »

So have mine! Many thanks to all who were involved!
ianstrutt
Registered Guest
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by ianstrutt »

Mine arrived as well. I now have too many seeds and not enough room, and that's without my order from ADBLPS!

Thanks to all involved.
Growing in Nottingham for the past 4 years and recently found my way to a Nottingham branch meeting. A few plants on a windowsill has very quickly turned into a greenhouse full!

Attempting to grow a range of turbinicarpus, coryphantha, escobaria and several other cactus genera. Tylecodons, pelargoniums and conophytums keep me occupied in the winter and an ever expanding number of gasteria live under the bench.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Post by Cidermanrolls »

True to expectations, Lithops seed is the first to germinate, four days after sowing. In this case, Lithops bella.
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

ianstrutt wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:43 pm Mine arrived as well. I now have too many seeds and not enough room, and that's without my order from ADBLPS!

Thanks to all involved.
Chuckle.
Yup done similar.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Keith H
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Keith H »

Thank you to everyone involved with the seed list this, despite ordering quite late from the pdf my seeds have arrived this morning with only one substitution. As my December journal has only been here for four days I would say that is a tick and gold star for whoever actioned the on line publication of the pdf.
I am looking forward to starting them off but that won't be for a while as the greenhouse is kept at +5 deg.C
Once again thank you all.
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554
Paul D
BCSS Trustee
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Paul D »

I am told there are still a great many packets of seed available. It's not too late to order!
Please send in your order if you would still like some.
Paul in North-east Scotland (Grampian Branch BCSS)
National Collection Rebutia, Aylostera & Weingartia (inc. Sulcorebutia). Also growing a mixture including Ferocactus, Gymnocalycium, Lobivia, Mammillaria, Lithops, Gasteria, Haworthia.
http://www.rebutia.org.uk
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Paul D wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:37 pm I am told there are still a great many packets of seed available. It's not too late to order!
Temptation to apply again!!!!!!!
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Post by Cidermanrolls »

Paul D wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:37 pm I am told there are still a great many packets of seed available. It's not too late to order!
Any chance of the pdf on the website being updated to show those still available? (Or has it already? I’m lazy and haven’t looked)
ianstrutt
Registered Guest
Branch: NOTTINGHAM

Post by ianstrutt »

Sowed all my seed a couple of weekends ago and lovely to see a lot of action recently. A couple of thelocactus sp. leading the way currently with almost 100% germination rate!

Annoyingly I've misplaced the £30 worth of seed I bought form ABDLPS so they'll have to wait until later...
Growing in Nottingham for the past 4 years and recently found my way to a Nottingham branch meeting. A few plants on a windowsill has very quickly turned into a greenhouse full!

Attempting to grow a range of turbinicarpus, coryphantha, escobaria and several other cactus genera. Tylecodons, pelargoniums and conophytums keep me occupied in the winter and an ever expanding number of gasteria live under the bench.
EdMcKenna
BCSS Member
Branch: GLASGOW

Post by EdMcKenna »

Maybe if an updated list of what is still available were published, the remaining seeds would be bought up whilst still viable. Win win all round 👍