Cactus from the E.U

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
MatDz
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Cactus from the E.U

Post by MatDz »

No pot or soil, wrap tightly with toilet paper and pretend it's your lunch sandwich!

(A friend told me once!)
Mat
TomInTucson
Registered Guest

Post by TomInTucson »

MatDz wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:45 pm No pot or soil, wrap tightly with toilet paper and pretend it's your lunch sandwich!

(A friend told me once!)
(tu) :shock:
Mark07
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Mark07 »

MatDz wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:45 pm No pot or soil, wrap tightly with toilet paper and pretend it's your lunch sandwich!

(A friend told me once!)
:grin: (tu)
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Just pop into a shop bag, I once purchased a really nice calibanus in a fancy pot, was told I couldn't take it on & just got a duty free bag after buying chocolate
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Tina wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:30 pm Just pop into a shop bag, I once purchased a really nice calibanus in a fancy pot, was told I couldn't take it on & just got a duty free bag after buying chocolate
The "extra hand luggage" trick :mrgreen:

Getting plants on board shouldn't be a problem (unless too big for the luggage like here), I would worry more about the security control.
Mat
Mark07
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Mark07 »

I’m wondering how they know were you are traveling when you go through security? For all they know I could be traveling to another country within the EU. Unless they stop you and ask of course.

I would expect security would be more strict on entry to the destination country but since there is no security once back in the UK, only passport control then I’m hoping (fingers crossed) it will be fine 🙂