The Autumn Cactus and Succulent Show at RHS Harlow Carr on 23 September 2023 - the photographs thread not the politics

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
TraceyM
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRIDLINGTON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Re: The Autumn Cactus and Succulent Show at RHS Harlow Carr on 23 September 2023 - the photographs thread not the politi

Post by TraceyM »

Your photos are better than your alliterations Terry! Although I look for what each day's alliteration is.
Please make sure you don't run out of them before you finish the plant photos.
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: The Autumn Cactus and Succulent Show at RHS Harlow Carr on 23 September 2023 - the photographs thread not the politi

Post by el48tel »

Struggling for Sunday ?????
But Tracey that's not looking quite right.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

31 - 1.jpg
31 - 2.jpg
31 - 3.jpg
32 -1.jpg
32 - 2.jpg
32 - 3.jpg
32 - HC1.jpg
32 - HC2.jpg
A sumptuousness of succulents for Sunday
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
TraceyM
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIDLINGTON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Post by TraceyM »

Struggling for Sunday!
They are getting worse.
It's a good job the plant photos are still excellent.
Thank you Terry.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

TraceyM wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:07 pm Struggling for Sunday!
They are getting worse.
It's a good job the plant photos are still excellent.
Thank you Terry.
I did eventually come up with a better one!
MatDz
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by MatDz »

I hope Dudleya didn't win class 31 :shock: (Unless it counts as both Crassula and Echeveria :mrgreen: )
Mat
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

MatDz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:33 pm I hope Dudleya didn't win class 31 :shock: (Unless it counts as both Crassula and Echeveria :mrgreen: )
I'm not in possession of a file of the plants' labels for each entrant or the winners of each class. Each photo displayed on this thread has a label to identify class / status (1st/2nd/3rd/HC/best in show/AOM/etc.). I can see the merit in having that information, but it puts an additional level of responsibility onto the persons managing the show to add that to any labels. I've not seen that displayed at any other show. I don't think it's a requirement of BCSS rules. I don't think I'd want to have to transfer that information onto the labelling for each photo. Once the 183 photos are posted, I'm off to another couple of Society projects. Show photography ............ is next September if I'm contracted to do that and I'm able.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

MatDz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:33 pm I hope Dudleya didn't win class 31 :shock: (Unless it counts as both Crassula and Echeveria :mrgreen: )
It's the same plant as Class 32, 2nd just from the other side, so almost certainly not in the wrong class.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Phil_SK wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:35 pm
It's the same plant as Class 32, 2nd just from the other side, so almost certainly not in the wrong class.
Thanks .... I don't have the information or skills to answer that question. Good to have the input.
MatDz
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by MatDz »

Phil_SK wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:35 pm
I might be missing something obvious here, but seems to me that this Dudleya was awarded in two classes:
Class 31 Crassulacea - Crassula
Class 32 Crassulacea - Echeveria

Isn't the winning Crassula hiding at the very bottom of that photograph?
Mat