Sedum suaveolens propagation. Did I go wrong?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
jenniemay
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CHESTER & District
Role within the BCSS: Committee member

Re: Sedum suaveolens propagation. Did I go wrong?

Post by jenniemay »

wildedges wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:57 am Can anyone offer any insight on this mould problem please? These photos were taken just before Christmas and you can see a powdery mildew forming on the leaves. The plant is indoors on a window sill that gets decent ventilation and is above a radiator. The mould didn't seem to be harming the plant so I sat on my hands rather than risk trying to remove it. Today I've attacked it with a camera lens air blower and that has removed most of it leaving the plant looking fine apart from that finger print where one of my kids poked it. I'm wondering if it was just some invisible organic matter on the leaves that was going mouldy. It hasn't been watered for a while now.
In other news four out of five of the flower stem cuttings have produced rosettes now so they will get potted up in the spring to see if they will grow on to be proper plants.
Blowing it off is likely to spread the mildew spores. Try dusting with yellow sulphur or flowers of sulphur to help prevent it spreading .
wildedges
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: Sedum suaveolens propagation. Did I go wrong?

Post by wildedges »

Thanks for the advice. I've used the yellow sulphur and checked all my other plants as well. I found two others in different rooms that needed attention so they've all been done. I wasn't quite sure how to apply the stuff so though I might have to reapply it in a week or so. It said to just puff it over the leaves. Luckily it was a bit warmer yesterday so I could do it outside in the greenhouse.