Swapping Michael Kießling clones

This forum is for discussion about small Opuntias, open to all.
MatDz
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Swapping Michael Kießling clones

Post by MatDz »

Mike P wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:14 pm Now we can no longer easily get hold of Michael Kiessling’s interesting plants I was wondering if anyone was interested in establishing who has which ones and who is willing to swap cuttings.
Out of curiosity mostly, but how would one purchase these plants earlier? I cannot find MK's nursery page or anything along that.
Mat
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tony R »

MatDz wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:35 pm
Mike P wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:14 pm Now we can no longer easily get hold of Michael Kiessling’s interesting plants I was wondering if anyone was interested in establishing who has which ones and who is willing to swap cuttings.
Out of curiosity mostly, but how would one purchase these plants earlier? I cannot find MK's nursery page or anything along that.
Michael's nursery was at
http://www.tephrowelt.de/starts.engl.html
but tephrowelt.de is now owned by someone else.
If you use Wayback Machine pre-BREXIT you will find lots about Michael, including is collection and shop.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Mike P
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Post by Mike P »

It would require a little digging to get a real feel for what he used to sell as the stock changed regularly. I’ve been tardy in compiling my list and will try and get on to it now the days are longer.
Mike
Secretary Bromley Branch