Pest control

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Tina
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Pest control

Post by Tina »

Hi Paul,
Thanks- thats good to know but mine were the original ones, luckily.
Its seriously smelly worse than malathion, I treated on the Monday & it still smelt on the Friday.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
habanerocat
BCSS Member
Branch: EDENBRIDGE

Post by habanerocat »

A handy tool in the battle against smaller bugs. Gives you both hands free.

It’s an eye loupe holder.
IMG_5423.jpeg
AllanA
BCSS Member
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)

Post by AllanA »

I have used it Tina and watered 10-14days after.. It cleared 99.5% of root mealie the first time I used it.
So I would think you could water after 10 days, especially since your plants will have roots to take it up.
The manufacturers stated that it should be working for 6 weeks, so don't think it willwash out.
It definitely has a potent smell, but worth using ( for those that still have some.)
Allan
Orkney
conophytums,Lithops,Sempervivum, Tylecodons, small cacti. and Haworthias
Andyh
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD

Re: selenicereus anthonyanus

Post by Andyh »

2 years after receiving these Selenicerous as stem cuttings they rooted and are growing. Ever since having them these blisters appeared, whether grown indoors, out last summer or in greenhouse. They have been treated with systemics several times and sprayed with plant invigorator. Hard to scrape off without taking lots of plant tissue.
It doesnt look like rsm scars or the types of scale Ive encountered to date. Any ideas ? Thankyou
Attachments
20240415_134059.jpg
20240415_134046.jpg