todays buy

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Roy
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HULL
Role within the BCSS: Member

todays buy

Post by Roy »

Spotted in a garden centre Haworthia fasciata with nicer markings than I have seen before being sold as "big band". At first I thought it was one of those artificial models they sometimes sell.
Attachments
4TVhRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA4BAgAgAAAAkgAAAA8BAgAYAAAAsgAAABABAgARAAAAygAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA2wAAABsBBQABAAAA4wAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAgAAAA6wAAADIBAgAVAAAACwEAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAIAEAAPsLAABPTFlNUFVTIERJR0lUQUwgQ0FNRVJBICAgICAgICAgAE9
4TVhRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA4BAgAgAAAAkgAAAA8BAgAYAAAAsgAAABABAgARAAAAygAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA2wAAABsBBQABAAAA4wAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAgAAAA6wAAADIBAgAVAAAACwEAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAIAEAAPsLAABPTFlNUFVTIERJR0lUQUwgQ0FNRVJBICAgICAgICAgAE9 (84.61 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Member Bcss
Bill
Branch: None

Re: todays buy

Post by Bill »

Sensible buy Roy LOL Tis one of the nicer ones.....................

Attachments
8A
8A (97.31 KiB) Viewed 1739 times

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Bill

Post by Bill »

...............but I prefer the form of the std one.

Attachments
8A
8A (99.01 KiB) Viewed 1739 times

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Julie
Registered Guest
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Julie »

That new one is pretty! And more exciting than my bag of perlite. ;)

Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Apicra
BCSS Member
Branch: HARROW
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Post by Apicra »

They are nice indeed, but let's get the right name! First two images are Haworthia attenuata. The third plant looks of mixed heritage!

Derek Tribble,
London
Bill

Post by Bill »

Hi Derek,

Yes I have seen Big band labeled equally as attenuata and that fits more comfortably with me, as for the other one it came from a very well known grower with the label H. fasciata fa. sparsa (sparsa not being upheld by Bayer) and data, so I will pass your comments on.