A few general cacti and BCSS related questions

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Re: A few general cacti and BCSS related questions

Post by Guest »

Hi Julie

I am also a member of Northants and MK so if you need any help just get in touch.

Colin Walker
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Colin Walker »

Hi Bob,

In fact the Northants and MK branch much be one of the best, if not THE BEST, represented branches on this Forum. Unless someone else knows better?

When Philip was a member (only recently departed for southern climes) I think our total here was up to 6. (My earlier count of 4 was an underestimate, or then again maybe I just can't count!)

Cheers,
Colin

FBCSS
FCSSA
Fellow of the Linnean Society (FLS)
Member of the IOS
Honorary Research Associate, The Open University
Julie
Registered Guest

Post by Julie »

Thanks Colin and Bob. :)

I think I might be a wee bit out of the way.. it's a good 45 mins to Northampton from Corby..

Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: MEDWAY TOWNS

Post by Tina »

Hi Julie
Apparently the Kettering branch would be closer to you, not sure if we have a Kettering member on the forum ??.
Any volunteers to collect Julie for a first trip to a BCSS meet

Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Julie
Registered Guest

Post by Julie »

Oh, there is one in Kettering! :o

Still might be tricky getting a lift on a weekday though.. which would be sort of 2 lifts, as my dad would be bored silly by anything small, green, and not containing a steam engine.

Edit - had a peep at the site, they don't have a page, and 7:30 would be too early for me to get there, and I bet they don't finish till late...

Nice idea though. I will most likely not end up in the middle of nowhere when I have a job, as I'll live near the new workplace... probably in a biggish town. So there has to be a nearby branch.

Post Edited (11-22-06 19:08)
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.